Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moejoes, the weather man!!

Re: Moejoes, the weather man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    You love it Keith!!!!
    Keeps the hairs standing up on your chest LOL.
    Like every boat, they all have there pro's & con's.

Hi Smithy, It's a 8mtr Ocean Prowler that I built myself with twin 175 suzi's.
    I was thinking of running some 50 x 25mm angled chimes down the bow to maybe give it some more lift, but the down side could be the she'll bang like all hell.
    Maybe some hydrofields on the legs as Keith suggested.
    I did put trim tabs on as Keith also suggested but that turned out to be a waste of a $1000 bucks - Thanks Keith you're a champion!!!!
    From what I'm hearing most big plate boats broach for some reason.
    I'm open to all comments.

Rob...DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE. You know its rubbish and i don't have a clue about boats. I don't want to be at your funeral and know I've had some part in your death.lol

Stop winging about $1000 on trim tabs. I've got a spare radar dome that will work on your navnet3d...so we are even.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Mate those young kids you pass on the pier when putting your boat on the trailer (after belting your self for 200-300k's chasing hussar) must just sit there and piss themselves laughing each and every time. They invest $20 at bigW and catch bream at Noosa bigger than your snapper and only ride their bike 200mtrs to the ramp.

Well done!

You've invested over 300k to target Hussar.....Gav it's about time you take the wheel back of Juna and steer Tony in the right direction. When he fished with me last year he got his own bag of reds and trout so obviously the guy can fish. The only conclusion i come to is when he goes with Juna she takes his balls of him at the ramp and doesn't hand them back until they get home.

Heres some tips for you Tony....

1. Keep your balls out of Junas hands.
    2. delete every GPS Coordinate out of your plotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Stop using hooks smaller than 7/0 (thats right 3/0 & 4/0's)
    4. Only fish barren patches away from contours on your GPS
    5. look at your sounder 24/7
    6. Change your avatar because your funny to look at and we all need the laugh.
    Who fell out of the wrong side of bed this morning Mr Grumpy!!

Have you ever thought I might just do it to put a smile on all those little kids faces?? They are actually laughing with me, not at me you goose.

And I don't like bream anyway. HUSSAR are much sweeter!

Thank you very much for your kind words & 6 succinctly (get Megs to translate this big word for you) worded tips. I will take them into consideration.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

Your friend,

Beaker

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Rob...DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE. You know its rubbish and i don't have a clue about boats. I don't want to be at your funeral and know I've had some part in your death.lol

Stop winging about $1000 on trim tabs. I've got a spare radar dome that will work on your navnet3d...so we are even.
    Now we're talking Keith.
    I'll be nice.

Have a look and tell me what you think mate.
    Mine has a large reverse chine running all the way up the front.
    I think i am going to wait or the new 200hp Suzuki's being released in june next year.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3254.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	105770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3211.jpg 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	105771  
    Last edited by outwide1; 08-10-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: add something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat Kit Assembly - Day 15 & 16 003.jpg 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	105772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat Kit Assembly - Day 15 & 16 010.jpg 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	105773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate Boat 081109 001.jpg 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	105777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate Boat 081109 002.jpg 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	105776
    Some pics of Moejoes entry.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boat Kit Assembly - Day 27 & 28 008.jpg 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	105774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plate Boat  280310 014.jpg 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	105775  

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Who fell out of the wrong side of bed this morning Mr Grumpy!!

Have you ever thought I might just do it to put a smile on all those little kids faces?? They are actually laughing with me, not at me you goose.

And I don't like bream anyway. HUSSAR are much sweeter!

Thank you very much for your kind words & 6 succinctly (get Megs to translate this big word for you) worded tips. I will take them into consideration.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom.

Your friend,

Beaker
    Tony, I think Keith's trying to be nice to you & give you some direction LOL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    You love it Keith!!!!
    Keeps the hairs standing up on your chest LOL.
    Like every boat, they all have there pro's & con's.

Hi Smithy, It's a 8mtr Ocean Prowler that I built myself with twin 175 suzi's.
    I was thinking of running some 50 x 25mm angled chimes down the bow to maybe give it some more lift, but the down side could be the she'll bang like all hell.
    Maybe some hydrofields on the legs as Keith suggested.
    I did put trim tabs on as Keith also suggested but that turned out to be a waste of a $1000 bucks - Thanks Keith you're a champion!!!!
    From what I'm hearing most big plate boats broach for some reason.
    I'm open to all comments.
    Sorry, meant to say hairs on your back!!!!
    You old Silverback LOL

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Have a look and tell me what you think mate.
    Mine has a large reverse chine running all the way up the front.
    I think i am going to wait or the new 200hp Suzuki's being released in june next year.

Mick she looks like a finer entry than Robs. Should be awesome in those sloppy seas you love to fish.lol

Mic & Rob, did you guys see bananas pics of the bottom of his hull? This may have something to do with the minor broaching issues Rob has with moejoes? A flat bottom with no chines might be the reason the old girl rolls around in that steep following sea Rob. Obviously i'm not the best to go by but as i said mate with your talents its an easy fix if this makes a huge difference. it might be worth contacting the naval architect who designed Bananas hull and ask the question. Just a thought mate.

Every boats different and more than likely yours will ride completely different Mick. cheers for putting up the pics mate...looks awesome. can't wait to see the finished product.
    Last edited by bannana; 08-10-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Sounded stupid!

lucky your bad luck charm wasnt on board ...who knows how the trip may of ended...LOL.... nice work lads good bit of colour
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Adding planing strakes to the hull should help dramatically with the broaching in a following sea.
    It will also give you a lot of lift out of the hole and help planing at lower revs.
    That hull has no keel to speak of and no strakes so you can see why she is a pig in a following sea.
    Definitely talk to a naval architect about getting 2 or 3 sets of strakes fitted.

I will be right,i only fish 10-15 max and small swell. If me bourban can falls over on the floor we are going home.lmfao
    Or just drive the f*cker hard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    I will be right,i only fish 10-15 max and small swell. If me bourban can falls over on the floor we are going home.lmfao
    Or just drive the f*cker hard lol.
    Mate the last time I drove hard you almost bounced of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    lucky your bad luck charm wasnt on board ...who knows how the trip may of ended...LOL.... nice work lads good bit of colour
    Yeah mate you would of been back to work on the tuesday no probs. You should know by now one nights plenty enough for me so you would of made it home in time for work. Your definitely my boggy co-pilot...ever since i met you the weathers been shit and Ive caught bugger all. cheers lol

You would of laughed though the big fella was on fire again he couldn't wait to get out to the hundred mtr mark and get his electric out. I tried talking him into 60mtrs and he started swearing at me so i just went along with it and kept throwing up over the side while he fished. you know i'm easy going when it comes to the Bobstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Adding planing strakes to the hull should help dramatically with the broaching in a following sea.
    It will also give you a lot of lift out of the hole and help planing at lower revs.
    That hull has no keel to speak of and no strakes so you can see why she is a pig in a following sea.
    Definitely talk to a naval architect about getting 2 or 3 sets of strakes fitted.
    Lance,

i recon your onto it. have you got any numbers he can ring to get this sorted?

Just a gentle nudge Bob.

i'll even come around and give you a hand Rob.

Not these days Keith.
    I have lost track of the guys I used for all my work over the years but they were all down in NSW anyway.
    There should be a few around here but any good alloy boat builder should be able to design or suggest something as well.