Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G Round UP

Exclamation 2014 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G Round UP

Firstly, I would like to apologise for not attending the event for the full week.

I did have some medical issues that should have stopped me attending all together, but with a good recovery I managed to get there on Tuesday and I returned Friday morning.

I failed to catch up with some members, mainly because you were out catching fish

Thanks to all that did attend and I hope you got to catch up with old members etc.

It is noted that some members came from as far away as Victoria and indeed a number from the Coffs Harbour area as well as 1 member from Sydney.

I am unsure of the exact numbers that attended, but can provide this later on.

The weather seemed to play the game for a few days and I did see some eskies full of red coloured fish at a couple of places I visited while there.

Importantly............. anyone who ordered a shirt and has not collected it or paid for it, you must contact murf ( Paul ) asap to make sure it all gets sorted.

Importantly............ AF member Marvin produced a great effort and was rewarded with a 18.2kg Cod as the biggest fish of the week.

Others of note were a Red at 12.9kgs.... and a few in the 12+ area and more around the 10kg. Couple of good Nannies at the 7.5kg mark were welcome and the Coral Trouts at 5kg + were great. Quite a number of other species were landed and included, Rosey Job, Pearlies, Kingies, Spanish Macks, Gold Spot Cod, Estuary Cod, Red Throat, Spangled Emps, Purple Maori, Hussar in good sizes etc etc......... notable catch was a Dolphin Fish on a baited paternoster rig and must mention Julians first ever Red Emporer dragging the scales down to 12.2kgs... happy lad...

Many whales were spotted and even in the shallower waters out at the islands.

It was mostly an uneventful ( mis-haps ) week or so and all are looking forward to next year.

I will leave it up to others to post photos and stories, as they were the folks putting in the hard yards for very good results.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 2014 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G Round UP

Team Reeboot:

We had a short trip due to unforseen circumstance, we got a couple of days fishing and caught up with some of our Ausfish/Crab mates as well.

In the end a good time was had by all.

Thanks again to those who put the effort in to make the trip possible, for those that want to make the trip and haven't, Life is short make the time..

Early Start

Running out

The Red cherry popped 6.8kg

Another Red fish

A couple of visitors

The run Home

End Result

Regards
    Honda.

Thanks for the mention Phil. I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	105323

Another successful 1770 m&g done and dusted. Countdown for next year starts already.

more pics........... from my things
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10370905_10153253134448228_6095168100737644627_n.jpg 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	105510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10689478_10153253134058228_5077567341301042021_n.jpg 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	105511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0980 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	105512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0973 (1024x768).jpg 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	105513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LARC.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	105514  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0988 (1024x768).jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	105515  

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    more pics..................
    Phil, where is this?? Its beautiful!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Phil, where is this?? Its beautiful!!

Tony

Tony,

These pics are from Agnes Water & 1770. And in some cases the islands / fishing grounds off the coast.

spectacular place and always a great week or two with many members enjoying the scenery and mateship.

cheers Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 21-09-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Tony,

These pics are from Agnes Water & 1770. And in some cases the islands / fishing grounds off the coast.

spectacular place and always a great week or two with many members enjoying the scenery and mateship.

cheers Phill
    But what is the name of that island/atoll. Its stunning!!

Tony

Which pics... the island atoll shots are Lady Musgrave and Fitzroy Lagoon.

beach shots are in Eurimbula National Park on the mainland.

cheers Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    But what is the name of that island/atoll. Its stunning!!

Tony
    One Tree island, in the background is (from right to left) Sykes Reef, Heron Island and Wistari Reef. A few miles North of Fitzroy Reef. Zoned Scientific, there is a research station on the island.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	105522  
    Jim

This one is Boult Reef:

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	105523  
    Jim

OK it seems that some members of Ausfish have taken offence at my posting pics , that were in fact published elsewhere. Therefore I have removed the offending photos. For those that want to post up photos and reports please feel free.

It also seems that some members are willing to mention the other group, deride Ausfish and provide inuendo and negative comments on these Ausfish pages, but to reply in turn is an affront ???

It is worth noting that many photos from the non-Ausfish M & G had people wearing Ausfish shirts... go figure !

Be aware, that in future, if any comments are directed at Ausfish, it's owner or moderators in relation to other groups, ex members or actions undertaken by Ausfish, those members will recieve appropriate judgements and punishments.

cheers LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 22-09-2014 at 06:34 AM.

The refined country gentlemen survived another M&G. Caught some of those flappy finned things including a lost NSW Nanagai in 60m of water. Had fun, no issues except not getting the shirt I order but that is a blip in the scheme of things. Oh, hang on, there was one incident which involved us warding off a Somali pirate attack at 3am whilst we were anchored up outside Fitzroy. Thanks to Mark for the invite and putting up with me again. Also to Mike (My Rules) for the ride in the shiny red boat on Friday.

Steve
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    This one is Boult Reef:
    Thanks Jim

Another great M&G with a lot of catching up with mates, a cleansing ale or two and a couple of fish to top it off. The weather played the game allowing a good night of festivities at the Tavern on the Friday night followed by a BBQ a Team Sumo's abode. It was great to see Phill be able to continue his run of Agnes M&Gs uninterrupted. I didn't take any pics this year but I am sure Bull or Cobiaman will be able to share some of our highlights. Bring on September 2015
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"