Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G Round UP

Re: 2014 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G Round UP

Uripper, I would like to see the footage as the boat Get Reel used to be mine I sold it earlier this year. Hope it is working well for the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spot View Post
    Uripper, I would like to see the footage as the boat Get Reel used to be mine I sold it earlier this year. Hope it is working well for the guys.
    sent you PM
    Mal M
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

message did not come through mal, and your storage is also full as I tryed to send you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spot View Post
    message did not come through mal, and your storage is also full as I tryed to send you a pm
    cleared inbox, sent you PM again, hope it works :-)
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

I went up with the Mrs for three weeks, its not worth the drive from Vic for any less.

We had great weather and got out for two overnighters each week. As said by others the fishing wasn't easy although we had one big session on Tuskies where we were pulling up two at a time. We went back to the same spot a few days later and couldn't find one. Very strange this fishing sometimes.

There were no trophy fish caught although a few were hooked. My mate Gav and I also did a trip with Marvin as we did last year. We got two good reds and a number of others including Kev's big cod that got biggest fish for the week.

Met up with a few new faces and got attacked by a naked man at one stage. I had my esky go walkabout not once but twice. Had a good sparring match with Cobiaman but never got to meet Tranter as he was always in some type of recovery mode.

And Tranter please tell JD that I'm not a vegan, he's reaction when he thought I was is something I'll never forget. hahaha Now to book for next year.

Plz tell more about the naked man...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic 632 View Post
    Plz tell more about the naked man...
    I heard there wasn't much to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I went up with the Mrs for three weeks, its not worth the drive from Vic for any less.

We had great weather and got out for two overnighters each week. As said by others the fishing wasn't easy although we had one big session on Tuskies where we were pulling up two at a time. We went back to the same spot a few days later and couldn't find one. Very strange this fishing sometimes.

There were no trophy fish caught although a few were hooked. My mate Gav and I also did a trip with Marvin as we did last year. We got two good reds and a number of others including Kev's big cod that got biggest fish for the week.

Met up with a few new faces and got attacked by a naked man at one stage. I had my esky go walkabout not once but twice. Had a good sparring match with Cobiaman but never got to meet Tranter as he was always in some type of recovery mode.

And Tranter please tell JD that I'm not a vegan, he's reaction when he thought I was is something I'll never forget. hahaha Now to book for next year.
    Jack
    He probably thought you ment virgin, ha. Know he's a true meat eater that one, Rare or Blue, and don't bring salad, also only two chips with that. hahaha.
    Sorry we didn't meet, although you may be glad of it, next time.
    And Aaron buthead alias Aquaholic 632, you are the Naked Boy (not man)

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Jack
    He probably thought you ment virgin, ha. Know he's a true meat eater that one, Rare or Blue, and don't bring salad, also only two chips with that. hahaha.
    Sorry we didn't meet, although you may be glad of it, next time.
    And Aaron buthead alias Aquaholic 632, you are the Naked Boy (not man)
    Your long lost son RT....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    Had a good time,caught some fish looking forward to next year...Attachment 105558Attachment 105559Attachment 105560
    Nice work Wayne well done...Some nice fish there.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Thanks Mick, you should come along next time.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

apparently SOME people didn't appreciate something or other from the crab or the fish,
    Get over it.
    The fish is whatwe hicked off with, so go spank yourselves
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 27-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.

apparently SOME people didn't appreciate something or other from the crab or the fish,
    Get over it.
    The fish is whatwe hicked off with, so go spank yourselves
    Smashed again, sorry
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 27-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Smashed again, sorry
    I think most of us figured that out for ourselves!

The 2014 1770 / Agnes Water Meet and Greet was my families 6thconsecutive year of attendance at this great event. We arrived on the Friday and unpacked two cars and two boats full of gear for our family of five for ten days.
    A quick beer and walk to the beach kicked off our holiday followed by a meal up at the Tavern to catch up with some new and old mates.
    Saturday morning had us heading up the creek with a few crabpots on the high tide and a couple hours flicking lures landed Margie a 54cm flathead that she tagged and released. Happy wife Happy life…you know how it goes… J
    Sunday was a similar day with the collection of the pots and a few nice chocolate coloured bucks got the kids excited as they pulled in the pots. I managed a smaller flathead at 51cm also released, so as it stands, from our two short estuary sessions on lures I was out fished by the missus. Note to self…Man up Kev!
    Monday was looking better for the offshore boat to be launched and I managed to catch up with Gavin up the creek, so Gav and Terry decided to be two of my crewies along with my son Brodie (14yrs) who was not feeling 100% with the flu. Off we headed, in search of a new wreck, which we found! But unfortunately we could only catch 6 at a time yakkas off it, no fish on it when we were there in the middle of the day, I will definitely be going back to it late afternoon and in winter time before I tell you all the mark… J
    From the wreck we worked the area west of the atolls from Llewellyn down to Musgrave and with a couple of Red Emperor including Gav’s 10kg model and an 18.2kg Estuary Cod for me along with a few other mixed fish the box was very slowly starting to look ok. Unfortunately by this time, Brodie had spiked a temperature of 39degrees and was burning up, despite 4 hourly neurophen and Panadol, he was not in a good way. So around 10pm we pulled the pin before completing the second half of the planned trip to fish the fernareas southwest of Musgrave for nannygai and Reds. Sorry boys…
    Tuesday was a rest and clean fish/boat day and the old girl was refuelled for the next trip.
    Wednesday afternoon I had the itch again and with most other attendees already offshore or on their way back in still, I tracked down Mick the chef from the small boat house. We launched the boat just before sundown and headed straight out to the ten mile area where Gav scored his 10kg Red the trip before. On arriving the north northwester had begun to pick up and was at 15knots on our arrival, this made the drifts go at lightening speeds, and hard to keep a bait on the bottom even with a para anchor deployed, we tried a few anchors then but the fish had shut down totally.
    Spot to spot I sounded for the next 6hours in shall we say lumpy conditions, a bit of water over the top whenever we went to pick up the anchor…and of course the float drum rope got tangled twice around the main anchor line, so I had to go out on the bow to undo it, that was fun…not….
    The wind got up to 20/25knots (not forecasted) as the night went on so we pulled the pin around the early hours of the morning, with only 4 hussar to show for our efforts…home we headed with my tail between my legs… Mick got a slab of red form the previous trip for his time...cheers mate..
    Thursday was a chillax day and the social gathering at the weigh in station street/house for the presentation of the 6 glass mugs for the best and runner up Red, Trout and by catch… My gold spot Cod held out for the week to give me heaviest by-catch trophy, happy days J
    The weather looked good for Friday and as an overnighter possibility for those who could manage one last trip before vacating the houses. Thanks to Tim, Phill, Chong and the other inputting legends for all you did in making this another enjoyable week. The prawn peeling trophy was also presented after the peeling of the prawns was run and won…
    Friday turned out to be a corker of a day for us, I had acouple of mates drive up from Bundy to be my crew as most others were packing and heading home. Brodie reluctantly declined to not go out again as he was still not back to his normal self after a long week of man flu like symptoms. Sorry you had a tough week Buddy.
    We set off around 4am Friday from the creek and headed to Lady Musgrave to watch the sun rise and catch a few Trout. From here we headed further east to the 60 meter areas outside Stuart Shoals and worked the bait and fish shows on relatively flat ground for some nice parrot, Reds and One of the biggest Blue Mouri headsI have seen…Dam the sharks!
    We left here as the sea state was getting better and better,so we continued another 3-4 miles out to the shelf area. With light winds and no current, we drifted the top edges, using a new electric reel for the first time…well they take some getting used to, but definitely make the pulling an empty rig back in a lot easier. Think I will need a couple more before next year… We did not get a lot of good fish, but more so different species with a few small rosy job fish - a new species for the trip coming aboard.
    One of these little guys was on his way up when at about 10feet below the boat, a beautiful lit up Marlin tried to take it, it did not hook up, despite a couple of swipes at it. In hind sight, we should have immediately set up the trolling gear and had a crack at tagging and releasing the billfish, but we did not do this as the want for a big bottom dwelling RED fish overran my logical thinking processes. L
    There were large packs of birds working along most of the 80-100metre line in the slightly warmer water that just reached 23 degrees out there. Next time we will definitely put some time into pelagic/billfish chasing when the signs of activity are present like it was.
    Anyway, from out there in the deep we worked back into the shallows, picked up a few parrot on the eastern side of the shoals, before ducking around the south western side of Musgrave to cook some fish fold overs for diner and have a beer whilst watching the sunset. A couple more trout came aboard just on dusk and then a few nice red throats came on the bite after dark. We fished for a few hours before deciding to pull the pin and make the trip home with a following sea and the breeze around10-15 knots north-easterly.
    Saturday we cleaned the fish and the boat, before a relaxing afternoon as our last day up at Agnes Water for 2014 came to an end. Sunday morning had the house emptied, the two cars and boats repacked, minus the weight of food and beverages… and a nice feed of mixed reef fish for the relatives back home packed in the esky. J
    One thing I did forget to mention was on my return to the trailer park after the trip earlier in the week, I found a note on the windscreen,“sorry..I had an accident with your car..paul…04-……….” Well on inspection I found that he had reversed his trailer into the front left wheel arch fibreglass guard flare of the cruiser and ripped a gaping hole through it. I made the contact call, and he was one of the most apologetic, well-mannered genuine guys I have ever spoken to. After a couple hours on the phone and three quotes later from $600 to $1159, we agreed on a cash settlement of $650 that he dropped around that afternoon before he headed south back home.
    Thank you sir, for your honesty, greatly appreciated!!! It is very admirable that there is still some good folk like ourselves still roaming this earth.
    So that pretty much wrapped up our 2014 1770/Agnes Water holiday for another year, Thanks to all those who caught up with us, thanks to guys who came out with me as my crew,and thanks to all who attended, hopefully we will do it all again next year, if our health and individual life commitments allows it. Kind regards, Kev. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sounder show 1770.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	105608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin Dwane and Eggy with a sample of mixed species from our last trip at 1770 2014.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	105606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gav Martin 10kg Red Emperor.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	105609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eggy Dwane and Kevin with a catch of Red Throat Emperor.jpg 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	105610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin charteris with a 1770 creek flathead.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	105607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin with a couple of Trout.jpg 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	105603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin with a Red Emperor off the 90 meter line.jpg 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	105602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lady Musgrave Island sunrise.jpg 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	105601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin 18.2kg Cod.jpg 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	105599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Margie releasing a 54cm tagged flathead 1770 2014.jpg 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	105600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin with 1770 creek mudcrab 2014.jpg 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	105604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin receiving trophy cup for heaviest fish overall from Tim.jpg 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	105605
    Last edited by marvin; 27-09-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo fix up