Thread: 4WD battery..which one?

4WD battery..which one?

Nissan Patrol GQ, 4.2...I only use this car for fun and forced, so it sits for relatively long periods unused (two weeks atm for instance), current battery was a standard century 4WD 760?cca maintenance (single battery only vehicle) that didn't get the life I had hoped due to the way the cars used.

Not the type to be always recharging/maintaining such things, just not interested.... too much stuff is the problem I suppose...just will not happen even if I think it better.

My region only really has Century as an option for the price it seems.

Want deep cycle for it's lifetime and the financial saving/bother, looks like they will not allow the CCA draw.

Hybrid the next option (century starting and at the same time deep cycle variant marine pro, forget what CCA 720??)...anyone know where they (this century battery) actually sits in longevity/lead/cca standard 4wd battery V actual deep cycle compared to the vanilla 4wd option I have fitted....such a pain lol been all over the net but nothing nails it as it relates to a human actually doing these things.

Again I can only relate to century because it available easily here, but open to others if awesomely cheaper/better/whatever but always cost v benefit wins in the end.

cheers

Re: 4WD battery..which one?

See if any of the catapillar range suits your needs/fitment size.
    Hastings deerings in your region?

http://www.hastingsdeering.com.au/ho...EHJ0073-02.pdf
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    See if any of the catapillar range suits your needs/fitment size.
    Hastings deerings in your region?

http://www.hastingsdeering.com.au/ho...EHJ0073-02.pdf
    Hey yes it seems I do! (after a google search)..here is a PDF of the available battery's, took a while to find on the net too. Visited Donaldson in the past a couple times will see what they have available too.

https://parts.cat.com/wcs-static/pdfs/PEHJ0073-02.pdf

Seems there are some deep cycle high CCA battery's available in that PDF but still to make real good sense of it as they relate to the 4wd.

good stuff thanks..... thanks will see what turns up..cairns really very regional in it's off the shelf ability, when it comes to procuring stuff in a timely mannor ...no amount of last minute travel will change it.

X2 on CAT batteries. Good value for what you get. If you want the ducks nuts buy an Oddyssey (maybe a Pc2150) but be prepared to pay for it!

Cats you get good warranty as well!!

G'day

Is it worth sticking with a century and adding a solar trickle charger?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

I used to go through a battery every 13 months in a cruiser. I tried five different brands. Till I bought a cat it lasted 4 1/2 years and I got some warranty on the new one. Tis was in the eighties and nineties though
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT