Thread: Need help finding missing battery

Need help finding missing battery

Hi Folks,
    Was heading out past Cape Moreton on Sunday morning when answered a call from two guys who had lost power in a fibreglass tournament a couple of kay's off The Cape. We spun around and headed back to them and lent them one of our house battery's as they had lost power. They still couldn't start it so 2 other guys in a white noble "that's it" offered to tow them to Tangalooma as they were heading in. We left the battery with them in case they needed it later and got there phone numbers and address etc. Some how i have lost that info in my phone. They were out of Sandgate and live at Boondall. Called Sandgate and Redcliffe rescue to no avail. Anyone know of them or if they are members?

Re: Need help finding missing battery

I heard you on the radio that day. I had a fish at Western Rocks but it was still quite uncomfortable there for me. Must have been ordinary outside. I thought you did bloody well coming back for them at prime bite time and running all over the place trying to find them based on his directions. Hope you get your battery back.

Any luck mate? Think I might knew who you are looking for.

No Bowds, no luck. Even had a steer through boondall streets to see if i could see the boat. Like i mentioned the guys seemed genuine just a pity i lost the info. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll shoot you a PM mate

Hi Mate did you find them?? i heard something only yesterday on VHF channel 21 about the battery but i wasn't sure which party it was?? the one who lost it or the one who had it??

Yeah Rednut, found the guys thanks to Bowds. They had been looking for me aswell so all good. Bowds shoot me a pm of your address and i will drop a reward around. Cheers guys!

What an awesome outcome, and a lovely gesture in the first instance. Good on you mate, comforting to know there are so many good people on the water hey :-)