Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time to 1770 and lady musgrave

First time to 1770 and lady musgrave

Hi ausfishers I was hoping to get some help on areas to head from the lagoon to catch a few fish and also if you can fish the lagoon at night not after specific gps marks just general info any help would be appreciated as never been out over night before and would like to at least take a feed back to brissie
    will be staying midweek for 2 nights in October thanks for any help
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: First time to 1770 and lady musgrave

Firstly be careful entering the lagoon for the first time,don't leave it until dark to come in.There is so much ground up there its not funny,head due east and run along the 50-60m line and then step out to the 90-100m line.You will find ground as you travel.The south east corner of Fitzroy and the northeast you will find ground.We have caught trout in 10m-50m of water.I am tired of giving out marks with the promise of some in return then never to hear fom people again.You will find ground.Mick

Thanks mick I certainly understand the frustration with that.
    i did read in a few treads on here not to enter the lagoon at night so I will get there around 1pm. Going to mark a track going in . Thanks very much for the direction I should head its a starting point . How's the new rig going mick and the fuel burn on the suzi's

Still at the painters mate.

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Still at the painters mate.
    I reckon you would be chomping at the bit by now

First time to 1770 and lady musgrave

Maybe hit up Julian Demarchi for some help who will be loaded up with lots of fresh information. Ozynorts is a local up there too.

Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks scalem ill send them a pm

Im also planning to head up there for the first time. I and a few mates are able to get away for a few days any time within the school holidays. however its not looking very promising with the weather. If we do make it ill be happy to share any Marks i find.

cheers for that sam687 my crews lively hood is in peek demand over the school holidays as they are charter operators on the goldy so i will be up there mabey after the 6/10 just hoping to find good weather

Don't go, it's a horrible place!!! Lol.
    Have a bit of practice with your GT gear around Musgrave reef edge too. Look for current and or bait rippling on th surface. Stuart Shoal is only 4 nm from Musgrave too and we'll worth a troll for pelagics. FYI there's a composting toilet on the island if you don't want to fill your port a potty.
    GREAT place, can't wait to get back up there.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Outwide(Mick) was kind enough to give me a couple of marks east of Musgrave a couple of years ago, didnt get the chance to give them a fair go(actually got bricked a couple of times, i was well under gunned) but i did have some fun just on the southern fringe of musgrave with a nice mixed bunch of reefies and got done a few times on plastics. I havent been able to reciprocate Micks generosity as ive got nothin that im sure he doesnt know about(my super Trag marks off the Pin perhaps) but i havent forgotten and would be happy to share when i find that hot spot one day. Have a great trip its a magical place, also the lagoon in between the island just across from musgrave is a nice spot for a swim, approach from the NW.

Cheers for the compliments mate. Been burnt a few times now with people i have helped.
    You give them everything who had nothing only to see pics of good fish but no phone call.
    Im certainly not implying this comment to you Floating Rib, you were always good in regards to sharing some hot spots.
    Cheers Mick.

Thanks for the help guys it is always good to have a bit of direction so I thank everyone so far. Is there more options around fitzroy for casting lures or B/B in General should I head up there for a half day ?

Ps.
    when I return I will do up a couple of marks for future reference if I find anything ?

You could easily spend half a month at Fitzroy mucking around with lures! Try the bombies on the western edge and around the lagoon entrance on the runout tide. There's also a few GTs inside the lagoon. Same deal as Musgrave, create a safe track on your plotter in the daylight. Personally, I have found better shelter overnight in the Fitzroy lagoon, but that could have just been the conditions. If you're going to Fitzroy (directly, from 1770) its well worth stopping at the Barcoola wreck for some light jigging action. Firs pic is MV Karma, second pic is Barcoola. Don't kill all my fish!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000534.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	105287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000532.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	105288