Thread: Looking for that perfect camping spot.

Question Looking for that perfect camping spot.

Hello all,

If anyone can offer suggestions that would be great..
    I'm looking for that perfect family camping spot to take a caravan. 2 to 3 hours radius from Brisbane, on the water and close to a pub or bistro.
    Thanks in advance...

Tony.
    " Gone Fishing "

Re: Looking for that perfect camping spot.

See how far Yamba is down south of Brisvages??, where i'm going to head down to once my Van is fully reno'd...Spent a week down that way year ago though not with a Van and loved the place.

Lennox Head. Assuming with the van you are looking at a park?
    Stayed there last Xmas and it is fantastic. Backs onto the freshwater dune lake which is great for the kids. And is bound on the other side by the beach and surfclub- who btw do an excellent breaky and coffee.
    The Lennox pub is a 10 minute walk - get on the fresh brewed Stone and Wood Pacific Ales! There are a number of good bistros and restaurants as well about another 5 minute walk past the pub which brings you into town.
    If you want to take a drive on the beach, the track goes straight past the back of the park to get access- just spend the $20 for a month long beach vehicle pass at the local servo. We went up a couple of times and cooked some breaky on the tail gate of the ute, had a fish and a body surf and generally enjoyed ourselves.
    Certainly not wilderness camping but you will love it.

If you can get into munna point at noosa I have been going there for the past 14 years every Christmas bit the food around noosa I find to be overpriced and small portion size

Tony,
    my pick...spent many years as a kid here, and now with my family...the Old man loves it some much he moved there
    http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...ground/camping

Cheers
    Cheers,
    Chong

Inskip Point at Rainbow Beach would be a good place for the family.

Kingscliff is the place your after....

North - Woodgate Beach. Drive to Childers then turn right. So about 3-4 hrs depending which side of Bris you live. Small quiet spot, pub, bowls club, relaxed, van park right over the road from the beach. Kangaroos jumping down the Main Street. Backs onto National parks with easy walks. Great spot for kids to ride their bikes. One of the best places ever for kids to play around like the old days - games of cricket on the backstreets, safe beach, BBqs and cafe at the park is nice too.

South - Evans Head. 2-3 hours easy drive. Just past Ballina. Great van park on the river and around corner from surf beach and surf club. Nice little town, small friendly restaurants, bowls club, pub, great Fishermans co-op on the river with fresh prawns and fish. We fish offshore from there a couple times each year, and the usual practice is to stop at the van park cafe on the river on the way back to the ramp and send the deckies up to get coffees for the skippers! Favourite spot for many years. Everything you need, but still quiet enough to be laid back and friendly.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Wooli. Might be stretching the 2-3hrs a little. Pub at the front of van park river at the back. Beach just down the road.

Hi
    Across the barge at Tewantin to north shore. Choice of the resort park or travel a little more to the park on the beach. Resort has pub and good meals. Royal mail Pub in Tewantin has good Lunches and reasonable prices.

Mrs H

Or , theres a very nice spot cllaed hastings Point at the Big 4 Caravan park and speak from experience with this one . Excellent facillities for Children re swimming pool and play area, just a wlak from the beach/waterside area where you can hire canoes , Fish in the entrance or rock area around the point , very nice Bech or the river part for swimming and safe for Children also with Kingscliff not being too far up the road for a change of scenery , Markets or nice eatery areas(Cafes etc)....
    This should be within your range im sure??.