Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Build Thread - Moda Custom Boats 7800 Bridge Deck

Re: Build Thread - Moda Custom Boats 7800 Bridge Deck

I saw that in Shane factory last week.
    We paint those plate boats and spoke to shane regarding painting boats in the future.

We have done origin, preformance, vindicator, many more.

U getting it painted?

cheers
    greg

Nice boat bud.I had heard about it long before the build started.
    Along with Shane you will have the pleasure of Luke assisting with the build.He is amazingly talented and was the builder/creator of my Performance 8100.

I can't believe the amount of jealous and concerned people out there that seem to be so consumed about towing weights,go join the police force.
    Like me i'm guessing they have done there homework,just enjoy the blokes build. Tall poppy syndrome in Australia is amazing,just like the arse wipe who went and reported to the police about a certain charter operator towing his 9m platey.
    Wankers like this are the reasons this forum is stuffed,i know of so many true offshore fisherman that stopped posting due to this and a number of other reasons,like i said just enjoy the guys post.

I look forward to all your replies as it will give me my final reason to not post shit.
    Mick.

Well Said,

and great boat, keep the pics coming

Banana,

Nice build mate glad to see your dreams coming true enjoy your build and don't regret anything you wish you could add to your boat. Not many truer words have been spoken by mick. If you haven't got anything constructive or positive to say, get a life and waste your negative energy on another forum. When a bloke shares his dream build a negative focus isn't welcome. Moderators please get rid of these dipshits this forum has lost enough good guys, at least get rid of the losers that wish they could.

Cheers
    Carry

Wow I will bite my tongue here and just say that the only reason I asked about the weight and vehicle is that a mate of mine has just purchased a new 3T rig and is looking to get a new vehicle. Hence my interest in boat weight and vehicle here. Please note the first word in my thread. "Awesome". No jealousy or tall poppy syndrome here. Just admiration for a great build. You're right Outwide1, there are wankers on this site.

It may seem like an over reaction but i'm tired of the retards that seem to be like police officers on here.
    No direct attack on you Saltboy but every time there is a post on a big plate boat ,wankers seem to point out the weight issue rather then just appreciating someone else's dream build.
    We do our home work and at the end of the day if your 1kg over its you yourself that will have to deal with the consequences of a void insurance policy.
    Next we will have blokes saying that due to being over by 1kg you could kill an innocent family,bull shit,how many trucks do you think go over there weight each day.
    Mick.

Hi all,

Outwide I understand where you are coming from having read your build thread and I do hope that the focus of this thread can be on the design and construction of what will be a great boat rather than nit picking or muck stirring.

Having said that I didn't take Saltboy's comments on the weight of the boat in that spirit - it is a big boat and weight is definitely a consideration.

Lets move on - lots to discuss - I visited Moda this morning and the build is going really well.

The sub structure and sides are looking schmick - should be rolled over this week which will give a different perspective.

Oh, the irony!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltboy View Post
    You're right Outwide1, there are wankers on this site.
    A mate has a 7.5 Rebel of similar design so I'm interested in this concept. Looks good! Hope all goes well with it.
    Mr. S

Update from the visit on the weekend.

running strakes are done and hull is rolled over.

Moda welding and detail work is spot on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice deep foot and intricate stem work Brad.

Ps Clear some space in your messages.

Looks good. When do they start work on the second hull?

Love these build threads this is going to be an awesome boat Moda are one of the best in the industry keep the pics coming mate cannot wait to see the finished product.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

She has some flair!

Moda have done an incredible job of getting the lines spot on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are posting pics of this boat on facebook to on their page gotta love a flared bow....Nice.
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Foam is now in all underfloor voids.

You can see the fuel tank and kill tank voids here:

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg