Thread: buying soft plastic lures overseas?

buying soft plastic lures overseas?

As the title states has anyone purchased soft plastic lures from america? Just wondering if customs will be an issue

Re: buying soft plastic lures overseas?

Forget the us, get your self onto Ali express. All from china or somewhere. Free shipping, the prices are unbelievable. Plastics and the rest, u name it they sell it.

Mostly no problems, how ever in the past I have had a delivery pulled up and had customs hold it until I got a letter from the manufacture/store stating that there was no organic compounds / food stuffs in the plastics. Took a bit of stuffing around but worked out ok in the end. Probably would avoid bringing in things like gulps or similar for this reason.
    Cheers Chris

The US company will call them baits on the paperwork and AQIS will panic when they see that. Ensure that the company you are buying them from will supply a letter stating that there are no animal products or organic ingredients. Try to have them email you a copy and include a copy with the shipment. If they do not do this, your shipment will most likely be refused.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by boognfish View Post
    Forget the us, get your self onto Ali express. All from china or somewhere. Free shipping, the prices are unbelievable. Plastics and the rest, u name it they sell it.
    60 x sabiki live bait rigs for $8.30... Cant believe Ive never seen the site.. cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by lbger View Post
    60 x sabiki live bait rigs for $8.30... Cant believe Ive never seen the site.. cheers mate
    Just ensure you research your seller first! More scammers on ########## than gumtree, ebay and nigeria combined..
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

I'm guessing "ali express" is blocked on here due to scams? as the correct spelling without space being ### out in my post..
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Bought heaps of gear, got in all within 3 weeks, you wait a while. But stock up , beats the hell out of paying full price, your tackle box stays fuller for longer. But yeah check the sellers rating too

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Just ensure you research your seller first! More scammers on ########## than gumtree, ebay and nigeria combined..
    The bait jig purchase would be purely based on risk v reward.. at 2.50 a pop here that would mean a Total cost of $150 for 60 packets. the cost was $8.50 with free postage.. Risk $8.50 to save $141.50.. I will roll the dice on those odds every day of the week

Yep you said it, can't deny