Thread: Stolen Crab Pots Mooloolah River

Stolen Crab Pots Mooloolah River

Had another 2 x $50 crab pots stolen again last night, thieving pricks, I wish I could catch them......

Re: Stolen Crab Pots Mooloolah River

Bloody share farmers, would like to cut them up for crab bait. Call the fisheries if it is a common event and they can monitor the area.

Did you lodge a police report? It certainly helps if Fisheries ever catch the scum that took your pots. They may get a list of names from the coppers (i.e. people who have had their pots stolen) so when they inspect people they know if the pots are stolen.

Angry Re: Stolen Crab Pots Mooloolah River

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    Did you lodge a police report? It certainly helps if Fisheries ever catch the scum that took your pots. They may get a list of names from the coppers (i.e. people who have had their pots stolen) so when they inspect people they know if the pots are stolen.
    Will do that in future bit late now but I might just ring anyway, good call...it's hard enough to get legal bucks let alone getting your pots stolen as well..

Cheers

Warren

I had some stolen at Easter, one was recovered a few weeks later and the guy was prosecuted. The fisheries inspector said it's the best thing todo.

We had pots around Mud pulled up and emptied in January... no baits, crabs gone, zip ties cut!

I watched young guys in a tinny around the area for a while from ~200m away - but assumed they were checking their own pots - as other floats around too..

If I caught them - I wouldn't need to call fisheries or the water police!

Hey guys , tie a length of 40lb fishing line to your crab rope , then attach your id float(old bottle is best)...then throw it up on the bank...only one person knows its there.. GPS mark yours !!

To all intents and purpose sounds like it is within the bounds of the law. You may need to attached a piece of lead to the rope to make sure it stays under. I normally have some wrapped a metre and half or so below the float, reduces the angle of drag on the pot when current is in full swing but more importantly don't get cut off by those rednecks who have to drive within inches of the float.

Small hooks along the rope might make them think twice

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

And make fisheries think twice if they ever check your pots.. Im sure a fisheries officer won't be too happy about being hooked and considering they have your details off the pot/float I'm sure would love to let you know the legalities of setting man traps.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.