Thread: Tyres for Dodge Ram

Tyres for Dodge Ram

Gents,
    It would appear I have a non too common tyre size on the Dodge Ram, which is a problem as they badly need replacing from the excessive wheel spin than comes with all that power.
    Anyway the size is LT315/70R17.
    Everytime I go to a dealer they go - REALLY !!!!
    So at this stage I can only find two options - a set of Mickey Thompson Bajas which are a little too aggressive for the road miles I do - and a set of BFG's that are on there now - I'm a bit indifferent to these.
    The price is very high for both so if anyone could give me other options or leads on better prices I'd appreciate it.
    Brett

Re: Tyres for Dodge Ram

Brett

I'll ask my B in L what he runs on his RAM

In the mean time have you looked at these?

Cheers
    Chimo
    Have you looked at these? http://queenhouseshop.com/lt31570r17...121r-bsw-8ply/
    What could go wrong.......................

There are Kumho KL78's on that auction site for $292.00 each buy it now. Work out to be about $350 each delivered to you.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

OK Not sure about that site. Every item I click on says - this page not found. Maybe a big index but can't back it up with products ?

Check out these in the link below. They are popular in the states. You may have to ring around to track them down. I have had them on a previous Rodeo/Dmax ute and they were good. These are made in the states as well.

http://www.herculestire.com/results.aspx?w=315&ar=70&d=17

Yeah had a look at those ones but at 8 ply they don't give me the weight rating I really need

I should be able to get some NITTOS TERRA GRAPPLER which are an all terrian in a 285/75x17 which is at 859mm tall,your current tyre height is 872mm.
    Look up wheeldemon.com.au and select tyres then brand NITTO.
    The other option is a 37/12.5x17 as well.
    Mick

Goodyear MTR's Kevlar come in that size.............I have a set of spares for my 200 series.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Have you tried tempetyres.com.au Mate?
    Was looking for some 22s and they were at least $150 lower than my local tyre places per corner.
    Cheers
    Chris

Hi Brett

B in Law got back to me re the tires. "the set of tires that I have on now are Goodyear Wranglers and have been on there for over 75,000 k so far and by the looks of them may last another 10 K or so which is good for a Ram truck of that size and hauling the trailer (30 ft two bedroom bath etc) as well"

I also have recently fitted HT Wranglers on my Patrol (didn't know about the B in Laws exploits then) and they are very quiet and comfortable cf to the AT that I took off still with 7 or 8 mm tread.

Goodyear's buy 3 get the 4th free is hard to beat except by another tyre mob doing the same deal and then they are only matching not beating it anyhoo.

Cheers
    Chimo

Gday Brett
    Had a squiz at that site and they only have the BFG's you have currently.
    Cheers
    Chris

Hankook Dynapro AT come in a 315 70 17 121 load and R speed.........meant to be good tyres the Hankook might be worth a look.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Gents
    Just a quick follow up. I've been laid low for a while with health issues but have finally organised the tyres.
    I ended up going with the local tyre shop - when you have a business in town you should support other local businesses.
    He could arrange the same tyre as I have now - the BGF's in the same size - $490 each.
    Keeping money in town.
    Thanks for all the help and replies for ideas.
    Brett