Thread: End of season murray cod

End of season murray cod

It's that time of year again to down the cod tools and pick up the yella gear!!!
    Just wondering how everyone went and if they made the best of the weekend.
    I've been lucky to get out for a bit of kayaking along the river with 4 cod landed this morning but it couldn't of been a nicer morning with a lite frost then a crystal clear blue sky.
    Cheers
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: End of season murray cod

Nice work James, some very nice fish there, great day for it..

Beautiful fish mate! I didn't get the chance to sneak out for a last hoorah, but that's the way it goes isn't it?
    What area of the New England are you fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    Beautiful fish mate! I didn't get the chance to sneak out for a last hoorah, but that's the way it goes isn't it?
    What area of the New England are you fishing?
    I live just outside Inverell on the banks of the upper macintyre river mate. So my main stomping ground is Copeton and Pindari dam plus the macintyre, Severn and Gwidir rivers so I've got plenty to chose from all within an hrs drive.

Great fish! Can I ask why it is the last hurrah for the season?
    i also disagree on it being such a perfect day. Through an extra 15 degrees and we're talking!! Brrrrr.
    Also what is the last lure you have? Looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    Great fish! Can I ask why it is the last hurrah for the season?
    i also disagree on it being such a perfect day. Through an extra 15 degrees and we're talking!! Brrrrr.
    Also what is the last lure you have? Looks pretty good.
    Today is the first day of the closed season now 3 months to let the green fella's breed so you can't fish for them till Dec 1. It doesn't make to much difference to me anyway as I'm catch and release when it comes to the natives but you're just not meant to target them.
    Water Stalker Lure's is the hardbody made here in Inverell and the spinnerbait is from RayMack Lure's.
    Beautiful temp mate (for me anyway I hate the heat and humidity) whilst there was a bit of ice on the windscreen at 6am it shoots up over 20 degrees c in a few hrs and without a breath of wind it doesn't get much nicer.

Good ya James, well done mate
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Ahh gotcha. I want to get down that way one time. Would like to catch a Murray Cod.

We travelled to Gundy for a bash on Saturday.

Dam those rivers are getting low. Was fairly quite for us with one cod and two yellas

Bring on some rain and december 1
    Cheers

Steven

Love that first photo. Nice fish also.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenM View Post
    We travelled to Gundy for a bash on Saturday.

Dam those rivers are getting low. Was fairly quite for us with one cod and two yellas

Bring on some rain and december 1
    I thought the rivers out there would be looking a bit rough. Still nice to get a couple of fish thou.
    I tend to stick to the clear water upper reaches of the rivers, best thing up here is no carp.
    Really any trip away is a good trip and any fish is a bonus.

very nice work,well done