Thread: Spears and where to get them

Spears and where to get them

Hi All,

Trying to track down a 7.5mm speed spear out of spring steel at 1600mm long and has the mechanism cut out as per the attached. The line attachement has to be in front of the notch as per the attached. The gun iis a custom made kesby with open front sight and the handle and mechanism is a Riffe.

Tried everywhere and no one seems to stock them.

Goona
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Spears and where to get them

Have you tried these guys in Brisbane?

http://www.spearfishing.com.au/riggi.../shafts-spears

Can you drill your own line attach point?

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Can you drill your own line attach point?
    Hi Marto,

Yeah I have tried Adreno. They dont do them and said it is a very unusual spear. I got them about 10 years ago off Tony Huiegh(Superfrog) I can do a special order with Adreno but I have to buy 10 which would be in the vacinity of $700. Ouch!! I have had the last 2 spears for about 7 years now so 10 would last me a life time. I can drill my own hole with a cobalt drill bit which is what I might have to do. I spoke to Adreno again yesterday and I think the only option left if I cant find any is buy a 1700mm spear with the double notch and cut the second notch off and the mech slot etc and put in a new one. The only problem with this is the spear will then be about 15mm shorter than I am used to so aim might be a little out until I get used to it.

G'day mate,

Did you try using Ebay. searching for the same?

"Undersee" may have had them in the past but don't know if they are still around

Bondy