Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Boat Shark Cat

Re: New Boat Shark Cat

Hey Croc
    White box is a liferaft......it's gone
    The boats going on a mooring, but it will be a drive on job when it needs to go on the trailer......
    and yes the microwave doesn't work so it's gone. I don't intend to fill the four tanks, just keep enough to get me around for a week or two and then put more in.
    I'll post a few pics when it's in the water

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    OH, it has the twin tank setup, most had single tanks either side, but the twin setup was an option back then, glad about the steering, the twin cable was Ok when going slow, but anything over about 10knots was near impossible to turn....the Mercs will be OK at sensible speeds, but, do a bit of hooning and they will take some feeding, and believe me, 200HP a side will be plenty capable of some hooning... I reckon a pair of nice light 140 Suzukies would be nice to try out on one of those.
    Noelm do you think the 140 Suzuki's would be enough for the 700 Series? They are still big and heavy. Not quite as much as the old hull, but they would still need a bit of pushing around!

Great hull! Congrats on your purchase. Spent lots of time on these and they love lots of light weight horses. A pair of Optis would be the gun if and when you spend big.
    I could wax lyrical for hours about these boats, what a thing! Well done. Ignore the colour, enjoy the boat

That's why I mentioned to TRY the 140s.... Mind you, quite a few of the older ones had 115 tower of power mercs on them, and they went OK, most of the big HP models were for commercial use, Abb divers and so on, but it would be great to give the lower HP a go. They are such a big heavy "commercial" style boat, that using fuel from any tank will make little difference to trim, I used to go out with a Shark netter, and at times we would have more than a tonne of wet net, big sharks and stuff like that all over the deck, and the trim was fine.

I knew of a 23 with twin suzuki 140 4 strokes. It was used as a commuter boat and the owner certainly wasn't over the moon about it. Two 175 Suzy 4 strokes would be perfect for private use.

I sure you know how good that boat runs. Best hull around IMHO.

Darren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah great boat mate. put up some more pics when you finish the polish up!!

I definitely agree with Darren wanna go atleast 175 4 burners with the heavy old girl I wouldn't go any lower that's for sure.

cheers!

Here we go....got it on the water finally and already got a few dramas. The port motor stalls after about 10mins so have to get stuck into that checking lines and fuel. Also the hydraulic steering gave me some grief the other day too. Only had good pressure at different intervals and at one stage the motors were hardly moving after a number of turns.
    Attached Images Attached Images