Thread: Tournaments for Boats under 3.7m

Tournaments for Boats under 3.7m

Hi All,

Just been looking at a lot of the tournaments online and the requirements are a boat with a minimum size of 3.7m.

Can anyone advise if there are tournaments for boats under 3.7m? I only have a 3.4m cartopper and am keen to get out and have a go? Also has anyone put a livewell in a small boat? would love to hear some feedback on this with size, location and any further info/pics on the livewell setup.

cheers mike

Re: Tournaments for Boats under 3.7m

ABT Bass Electric Series. Must have a plumbed 60 litre live well

http://www.bream.com.au/abt/berules.pdf
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Thanks aussiebasser, do you know if there are any other tournaments for small boats? Any ideas where the bass electric series is being held?

There's a link in my post. If you click on it you will find a phone number. If you ring that they will give you the information you seek. None of the draw partner tournaments will allow your boat for safety reasons.
    Dale

There is one comp that you may enter the blue fin classic held at lake maroon dam on 14-16nov to enter this comp just go to www.sports tuition.com.au you will not need a live bait tank as it is a photo and realeasecheers bassman99

Thanks aussiebasser, will give them a call.

bassman99, I had a look and the blue fin classic sounds great? have you fished this tournament yet?

Hi parrot -king i cannot fish the blue fin classic at maroon dam as i am one of the helpers who run the comp if you need any help you may ring me on 0754636121

cheers bassman99

There's the Basstasstic Bass Series. Your boat is fine there. no minimum size. They are a lot of fun too, pretty laid back. These days I prefer them over the ABT tournaments which I find a little too hard core for me now, but hey, that might be what your're looking for, they are well run.
    http://www.barrabasstasstic.com/fres...shingclub.html

edit ; and Basstasstic donate to Stocking Groups, have insurance, and SEQWater permits for their comps. All important things to consider.
    ~~~><))))*>

I only suggest commercial fishing competitions that support the volunteer stocking groups. The rest of them are simply profiting off a public resource.
    Dale

Thanks Bassman if I have any queries I will give you a call.

Mike delisser can you please advise where the barrabasstasstic bass series are held?

Aussiebasser the electric tournament sounds like its right up my alley.

I will look into these comps. If anyone knows of any other comps please post some info.