Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tld 25 combo

Tld 25 combo

Hi good people.

Looking for something to troll with and drop lures and baits down to medium deep water off the Gold Coast for dollies and Pelagics...don't want to spend a lot for occasional trips,

Would this fit the bill

http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shi...ombo-only-199/

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Tld 25 combo

Mate I would recommend the TLD25 reel. A very good reel for the price. U need to see the rod and get a feel for it to see if U feel it will do the job. A Rod of 10 -15 kg would suit your needs

that will work fine i brought a fin-nor biscane 20 and 25 for trolling only and loaded them with 500m 30pound mono. the 20 was on a 15kg rod and the 25 on a 24kg rod had them for 3 years since they came out caught heaps of spanish and spotties also tuna and a 15kg cobia and i think the tld is a better reel i just use a scrubbing brush with hot water quick scrub and all done no maintance needed yet drag are still nice and smooth.
    a mate of mine said to me if i by a tld i should upgrade the barrings to ceremic for prolonged life hope this helps

cheers scott

ps i fish and troll the goldie most times i go offshore
    Last edited by Jsmfun; 20-08-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adding text
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Many thanks gents.

Cheers

Nothing wrong with the TLD apart from the short handle. Fine for light weights but if you start fishing heavier or deeper you will want a handle upgrade.

if u wanna fish deep water get a tyrnos. real quick retrieve.

TLD is a girly reel, likes light pressure only, up the drag and it will fall apart next time you use it.
    Disappointed in two consecutive purchases, wont buy another one again.
    Have a look at Penn Squall, pricing should be similar but much better reel.

Max

Check these out. Have one . So far so good. Great value. Delivered free to door in 3 days.
    http://www.dinga.com.au/penn-squall-...rag-reels.html

Cheers
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    Check these out. Have one . So far so good. Great value. Delivered free to door in 3 days.
    http://www.dinga.com.au/penn-squall-...rag-reels.html

Cheers
    Leo
    Do you actually fish leo or just troll fishing websites trying to pass on bad advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    Do you actually fish leo or just troll fishing websites trying to pass on bad advice?
    I think I know who is trolling here.
    Cheers
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by PROS View Post
    TLD is a girly reel, likes light pressure only, up the drag and it will fall apart next time you use it.
    Disappointed in two consecutive purchases, wont buy another one again.
    Have a look at Penn Squall, pricing should be similar but much better reel.

Max
    That's a BIG call on the venerable TLD 25. They are a relatively bullet proof reel and in their 20+ years have built a solid reputation as a great workhorse that punches well above their weight. My drag is still fine after a couple of decades of solid work including Marlin to around 400lb. As good as they are I would rather grab a Squall from Dinga as there is no need to upgrade the handle and they are significantly cheaper. As for a rod I prefer 6'6"-7' in 10-15kg. The Livefibre 10-15 is my favourite but there are many similar rods out there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    That's a BIG call on the venerable TLD 25. They are a relatively bullet proof reel and in their 20+ years have built a solid reputation as a great workhorse that punches well above their weight. My drag is still fine after a couple of decades of solid work including Marlin to around 400lb. As good as they are I would rather grab a Squall from Dinga as there is no need to upgrade the handle and they are significantly cheaper. As for a rod I prefer 6'6"-7' in 10-15kg. The Livefibre 10-15 is my favourite but there are many similar rods out there
    Good to hear you had a better experience with TLD than mine Horse.
    Twice brand new TLD failed on me after the first Kingy caught, the barrel that controls the lever drag failed stopped going back in to free spool.

Penn on the other hand keeps catching them.

Even though they are not a top shelf reel, you would be one of the very few that have ever had a problem with a TLD, and they have been made for a couple of decades, pretty simple reel at a good price.

Many thanks Gents. The Squall looks like good value. Alan Tani seems to like them and the end thrust washers. I see they have been described as a Senator but graphite body. Just looking at the side by side photos with the TLD they 'look' stronger in design, but who knows.

Cheers

Just bought 3 of these - one for me for fathers day and one for each of my boys for XMAS (my 15 year old has been talking of a TLD with his pocket money, so this will knock his socks off)

http://www.dinga.com.au/penn-squall-...0lb-braid.html

I know the 50lb rod might be an overkill, but I am assuming for the price it is probably a bit less heavy than the rating suggests...also for trolling and bashing around it sounds like a good match. I cant get over the price of this. Many thanks fellas.

Cheers