Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: removal of soft floor

Re: removal of soft floor

There is plenty of non slip additives for the final flow coat, see your local fibre glass supplier for ideas.

you can use glass beads but caster sugar is also good. some of the artifical stuff is pretty course.

Thanks for replies guys.
    If any one has changed over to the non slip floor from carpet, be interesting to hear difference.
    Am getting stuck back into floor removal today, work and her in doors have hindered my attempts in the last couple of weeks.
    Have decided, that my part in this fix, will be limited to floor removal and prep ! I'll be leaving the stringers intact, but with all fibre glass ground off. Then, will be delivering the boat to a local fibre glass shop, which is now booked in for drop off mid December, for a first up job when there back from xmas holidays. my decision to do this was based on work commitments over the next few months and a pending overseas trip, along with builders starting some renovation work on the house very soon. probably didn't feel to confident either in doing the job correctly, with no fibreglass experience. But the real deciding factor has been my belief that I may have a crack in the hull ! on inspection, I cant physically pin point any crack, but the front eyelit issue, which I believed was where my water issue, its definitely leaking there, but the more floor I remove and a simple water test is showing that the water is fully contained behind the bulk head. The bungs at the transom were removed and new ones were fitted, with out improvement, so I need someone to really go over the hull properly and find the issue.
    still got plenty to do to remove and prep everything, and 2 odd months to get it done before I deliver the boat to the fibre glass shop, would have liked to at least have given the fibre glass side a fair crack, but with my concerns on the hull, was a correct decision.....
    bonneville