Thread: the best off the shelf thing ever..

the best off the shelf thing ever..

Being a qualified Chef i am really big on making stuff from scratch and using fresh ingredients etc..I dont work in a kitchen these days but still make stocks and i actually really love cooking.. My partner the other day bought home a packet kit thingy and when i seen it (she knows me well) she said i know, i know its a packet thing lets just try it first.. Well, last night i followed the prompts on the back of the packet and WOW!! Hands down the best packet thing i have ever ever tasted it was just awesome! If it got served up to me and someone said they had taken the time to do it from scratch i would have not known either.
    So its not a recipe as such but its worth a look for sure..

http://www.luvaduck.com.au/products/.../#.U-wjVeOSzfI

They have it in Coles

Re: the best off the shelf thing ever..

This very item came up in conversation about 3 nights ago at dinner.

Seems to be a winner...

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

mmm yum ...and the soft taco kits were you crumb the chicken strips are just as nice... a regular at our house

There is lots of stuff these days that comes out a treat, and a lot of restaurants use frozen bits and pieces and charge the earth for it, even though I get enough Squid to keep us fed, there is a frozen "salt and pepper " that comes out fantastic, into the deep fryer still frozen, cook for a jiffy and serve, and lots of restaurants use the exact same stuff....

What brand is it
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I will have a look tonight and let you know the brand, once you cook some, you will see that they are the same as a lot of restaurants use.

Regarding the squid. Have a look at the junk mail specials as chilli or salt/pepper squid is half price on most weeks and tastes even better at those prices.

Mike

Just to add to the list, there is a frozen Thai fishcake that the restaurants use as well, I have these in the freezer, and have them now and then, take a minute to prepare and cook and make for a great entree' or quick easy meal.

Yeah there is a heap of good quality frozen stuff for sure..The only drama i think with stuff like the frozen thai cakes is they are a touch watery (being frozen) these things are so simple to make its not funny but admit they are a bit messy.
    You need a food processor. Chuck in some diced white fish and salt turn on the food processor for 40 secs or so and while its going shake it from side to side, chuck in a big tablespoon of red curry paste (mai poy is the best i think) then an egg and some fresh copped corriander. place the mixture in a bowl and then add thinly sliced green beans. roll into little balls then flatten them and deepfry till golden.. bloody delicious.
    Mostly the salt and pepper calamari you get in a restaurant is made on premise because the ready made stuff is just too expensive. The tubes come in 10kg shatter packs and cost bugger all per kg.. the shop bought stuff usually works out at 20 a kilo (ouch)
    The thing about the above mentioned duck is the prep time and end product to get it the way it is is fairly involved.. Was pretty impressive stuff.

Am I the only one who opened this thread to read about something caught off the continental shelf?

Glad you are enjoying your dinner by the way.
    Cheers.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    What brand is it
    Forgot all about this, they are Pacific West brand, come in a plastic bag, and I have only seen them for sale at fish markets or wholesalers, take them out of the freezer, into hot oil still frozen (be careful because it will bubble up) cook untill the right colour, and they are ready to serve, as soon as you have them, you will recognize them from restaurants.

Lbger

Jock at Luvaduck will be pleased to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Lbger

Jock at Luvaduck will be pleased to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
    Chimo
    Yeah cool, I used luvaduck alot when i was cooking, they have been around for a while now which is good to see.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!