Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tackle junkies garage sale sat 23.8.14

Re: Tackle junkies garage sale sat 23.8.14

Yeah anyone buy anything

I ended up going since i was already at macgregor but didn't end up buying anything. the stella 20k and saltiga expedition caught my attention but a bit pricey at 850 and 650 respectively. wasnt as much gear there as i initially thought.

A brand never used stella sw 20000 with 130lb varivas 150lb leader in the box for $850 too expensive!!! do your maths,so that means you want the reel for $550.You flat out buying a second hand stella 4000 fe for that and i suppose 118 rods to look at wasnt enough.
    Doesnt matter some people who knew there prices got bargains examples

Daiwa battler demon mint 330, Duff 1-4kg 230, brand new megabass kirasame still in plastic 300, daiwa sol reel 80,megabass luvito 103 reel 400.
    2 people were kicking themselves when they found out about the battler demon,duff rods sell new 6oo plus, the megabass with delivery from japan 550-600 us making it around 630-700 aus dollars.
    Packets of plastics $1-2 , $130 marlin lures $30 some reels left daiwa saltiga game 3500 with spare spool 500,accurate atd 12 marlin reels 450 these retail at 1180 us$ plus freight then go buy a piece of shit tld 2 speed for 100 less
    So to say we wern"t cheap enough isnt fair, if you want donations go to Vinnies.

This is the vary reason i let few people in my fish shed .
    We had saltiga jigs stolen from us just shows how honest some of our cub members are.

I will be bring more high end light gear for the next sale in a couple of weeks . im still contemplating on the smith tokara popping rod, the fisherman samurai jig&pop 72r, the smith expedition barra 2piece spin and several others,reels contemplating 2x daiwa morethan 2508,2xdaiwa 2500 hyper certates blinged,stella 3000,tiburon 2 speed automatic,duel 2 speed.
    The address wasnt posted early for fear theft . we were negotiable as most buyers found out one gent bought the sol reel,duff rod and a heap of goodies for less than half the price of just the rod alone happy chappy.
    people who made reasonable offers walked away with bargains just not quite vinnie prices.
    Graham

am still thining bout that tcurve 8-12 and that little penn overheadreel a had.prob should of grabbed it yesterday well the rod anyway.always next time if ya still got them there...if the saltiga jigs had of been there I would of grabbed them for sure..will get there a bit earlier next time..
    cheers rosco

It is disappointing that even in the close nit fishing circle there is still scum and if people actually did research they would know the prices you just mentioned are exceptional on great gear instead of dare to say it (bcf stocked equipment) for a Stella 20000sw $1200 brand new the braid mentions is around $200 the leader $50
    thats $1450 down to $850 That's nearly half price that's a bargin. In saying that i need to explain to my wife now that I need $1000.
    Grave41 if I get the nod from the boss ill pm you if that's all right might need a popping rod as well

cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Scott thats fine i think the t -curves with the penn international 575"s are still available as well , they were cheap. will have another sale in a couple of weeks.But the people who came and were interested in anything can contact Myself or Pete through here.I have the Daiwa z2020 being picked up this afternoon.
    Graham

I didn't go because I still don't know what the address is ??????????????????????
    AB

Quote Originally Posted by andrew_bryen View Post
    I didn't go because I still don't know what the address is ??????????????????????
    The address went up Friday night and was taken down again after the sale on Saturday.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to