Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prawn star lures

Re: Prawn star lures

I love the prawn stars, reason being is that it's the first lure I ever caught a fish on way back when. They can be a pain to use and more then often if you get a hit and miss the hook up you need to wind in and untangle the lure. Iv found working them really slowly dose the trick, I think people get to carried away with really trying to rip them through the water and get the tail flicking which tends to make a fish shy away from what iv seen.

But saying that the prongs are top baits, easier to use and handle.

Ended up getting some zman and atomics can't find prawn stars anywhere lol

Poor old Prawnstar has faded due to lure fashion but I love them. Work them slow right around structure. People work them too quickly. Slow down. I rig them with beads underneath to keep the hooks spaced. My favourite colours are Blood up and Honeypot. All the other prawn lures are good to but the Prawnstar is very snag resistant.

yes Davo, they are a great little lure but not that popular these days the prawnstars, have a bunch of them especially the blood colour, great in estauries, they where the gun prawn lures a few years back, reckon what is old will be new in a couple, they had the whole system with different weights as well…and the trebles
    Tangles KFC