Thread: Snapper Pie

Snapper Pie

I made this the other night and it was beautiful. I especially liked the puff pastry top to the pie; so easy and so delicious.
    http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food...714-3bw1a.html

Since I made it for two, I only used half the leek and half the fennel; the extra went into potato soup.

Steve
    S&S34
    Spirited 230

Re: Snapper Pie

You have put the wrong link up mate.. this isn't what you are talking about.. no fennel, really bad method (doesnt tell you to add the flour, also add lemon juice and simmer cream for five minutes will have it curdle) and the pastry is filo not puff pastry.. Easy enough mistake to make

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food...714-3bw1a.html

Right! You are correct the above is the correct one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    S&S34
    Spirited 230

Heres one anyway.. With snapper they make the best fish stock, so... make some fish stock outa the frames (simmer no longer than 30mins or it tastes terrible) strain and measure out 1 litre.. Melt 100gs of butter in a pot and add 100gs of flour to make a "roux" add the hot fishstock to it a little bit at a time with a wooden spoon and only add the next bit when the first bit is fully incorporated. When its all done it will be the sauce. (fish veloute to be exact) add salt and pepper to taste 100ml of cream, the zest of a lemon and some chopped fresh dill or parsley. add the snapper in pieces (raw) in pieces and transfer to individual ramekins or one big pie dish.. cover with puff pastry and bake at 200 till the pastry goes golden.. (brush the pastry with a mixture of egg yolk and cream for a better glaze)

I'll try this with the next snapper I meet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    S&S34
    Spirited 230

that second link sounds much better Steve.