Thread: Little help with winter Bassin'

Little help with winter Bassin'

Hi all,
    My boy wants to chase some Bass next weekend. I usually go to the upper Brissie River above twin bridges (now not part of the closed season I understand?) but have never gone in this area during winter. I'm not sure whether the river or Maroon Dam would be best this time of year.
    Would the river Bass be holding in the upper river or would they have moved down to the weir trying to get to their spawning spot? Reports indicate Maroon has some schooling Bass in the timber so is it worth the extra drive?
    Thanks in advance.
    J

Re: Little help with winter Bassin'

You'll still get bass in the river. Maroon is ok too but stay away from Moogerah, a bass comp there on that weekend plus 1/2 the dam is closed off for water ski racing......should be interesting.
    ~~~><))))*>

Thanks Mike that's good to hear. We really enjoy fishing the snags along the river bank.

Blog Entries

Fished the upper reaches on Sat morning for a big donut!!! very quiet at the moment .

Quote Originally Posted by grinner2 View Post
    Fished the upper reaches on Sat morning for a big donut!!! very quiet at the moment .
    Bugger! Weather looks ordinary for Saturday as well. Maybe a rethink is required. Thanks for the heads up G2

If you have leccy only boat grab a hinze permit and go to the trees in bass bay in western arm, it will be out of wind. Heaps of bass around 35 to 42cm on live shrimp.94bass and a couple of yellas between 2 of us on Tuesday.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    If you have leccy only boat grab a hinze permit and go to the trees in bass bay in western arm, it will be out of wind. Heaps of bass around 35 to 42cm on live shrimp.94bass and a couple of yellas between 2 of us on Tuesday.
    Cheers
    Ray
    WOW! Good on you Ray. I have a leccy but unfortunately also the petrol motor on the flat end. Is this area accessible on foot and able to fished from the bank?
    Thanks for the info.
    J

No good spots from bank.
    Cheers
    Ray