Thread: Roof rack rod holders

Roof rack rod holders

Anyone had experience using those ski carriers on their roof rack for carrying fishing rods. I was looking at the thule uplift pro version. Would be interested if anyone has any home made rod holder ideas also.

Re: Roof rack rod holders

I thought about and made up a rod holder for the roofrack on my cruiser ... however as soon as I had it on the roof I realised it was going to be up way too high to easily access - so I gave up.

A few of the Aldi stores still have the ski rack for roof racks discounted to $30 if you want to try em out and just return them if they are no good..
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Good mate of mine uses them and they work fantastic

Great I will check the aldi ones out first. I did want to carry them with the reels attached so the height may be an issue with the aldi one

For $30 vs $200 or whatever it is I think the Aldi ones a re worth a crack

Aldi capalaba has half a dozen still there today for $35.99.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Yeah I saw them at my local Aldi and only had time for a quick look. They look like they are only compatible with the same brand roof rack. Might have to make a bracket but will definitely have a closer look.

Got the aldi ones, absolute bargain $25 and they fit into the rhino rack slot no worries.

I use them regularly and love them. Instead of having them in the slots I use these

http://www.roofrackcity.com.au/wrap-...hule-aero-wr03

Means I can quickly remove them when not in use and with a different kit use them on the other car(different brand rook rack). The other advantage is that it lifts them up a bit so I don't have to remove reels.

Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijohn View Post
    I use them regularly and love them. Instead of having them in the slots I use these

http://www.roofrackcity.com.au/wrap-...hule-aero-wr03

Means I can quickly remove them when not in use and with a different kit use them on the other car(different brand rook rack). The other advantage is that it lifts them up a bit so I don't have to remove reels.

Thanks

John
    So do you use those with the aldi ones or do you have thule ski carrier

No not the Aldi ones, not sure if Thule as they were pretty cheap, may be another generic brand.