Thread: Wilson Blue Steel V Berkley Dropshot

Wilson Blue Steel V Berkley Dropshot

Hi guys

annoyingly while dropping the burley bag over the side of the boat at the weekend I heard a snap and the sinking feeling when you know you just snapped the end of a rod. Snapped the tip off a IM6 Dropshot.

but every cloud has a silver lining and I am on the look out for a couple of new 7" rods for the boat. I liked the Dropshot so happy to go again, but also like the look of the wilson blue steel range. But I have never used one.

anyone used these or have a preference etc. be looking at the light estuary circa 4 - 8kg range. So most likely the blue steel light estuary. Able to run a lure, bounce a soft plastic and throw a bait etc.

Re: Wilson Blue Steel V Berkley Dropshot

The K guides on the Drop Shot is the difference. I bought a heavy spin rod for mackerel and for the money it's great.

Thanks Davo. I did like my old 7"6. Now a little more like 7". Was a good all rounder and has pulled a few decent fish with no worries.

I have the 7 - 9 Kg 7'5" model.

Do you use it for softies or bait etc? I am thinking of going for the 7' 3-6kg this time. I think it generally is a light/medium action?

planning on fishing baits floated down a burley trail still but also hope to bounce some 5/7" gulps if i sound any decent fish.

Lures only for me but check out the ABU Velocity. I have the 4 - 6 Kg 7'6". After catching a heap of mackerel on it I have come to like it a lot. Search the net. There are some hot deals on them for about the same price as the Dropshop