Thread: Boat accessed camping sites in and around Hervey Bay

Boat accessed camping sites in and around Hervey Bay

Hi all,

A couple of mates and I are planning a fishing trip inshore Fraser in a couple of weeks. We would typically boat to Wathumba and camp in the creek and then fish the areas around Platypus Bay and around Roonies. As weather will play a part we started tossing ideas around for alternate, more protected locations should there be a bit of a blow.

Has anyone on here got first hand experience at Jeffries Beach on Woody Island? I'd be keen for any detail about access, anchorage, the campsite, tide requirements etc??

Any help would be much appreciated.. Also any other recommendations in the more protected southern bay would be appreciated.

Cheer, Howo

Re: Boat accessed camping sites in and around Hervey Bay

Hello Howso77,

what insect repellent do you use?

Hi Croc.. Brut for men.. You?

The camp are on the SE side of Woody is good. It is accessabe at all tides but you need to watch the tides in regards to leaving the boat ashore. The camp area is just a grassy section amoungst the she oaks, but is good and protected. It can be a bit hard to find initally, as it doesn't stand out from the water but look for the sign and you will find it. No facilities. Easy access to the arties
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!