Thread: New 7" GPS/sounder combo sub $1000 fitted?

New 7" GPS/sounder combo sub $1000 fitted?

The FIL's old hummingbird died and wants a new 7" combo unit.. Doesn't need/want nmea connection for fuel etc or sidescan /3d and only heads into the bay not beyond. Budget is 1k fitted and I would prefer to purchase from an aus shop and same shop for fitting as I'm the one that would have to deal with any online purchase warranty issues and the headaches he would give me for it. Local boat shop has the lowrance 7 elite hdi for $799 with nav card and trans and should come in under $1k fitted in house.. Any other units I should be suggesting to him? The dragonfly 7 with chirp looks the goods but would be slightly over budget.. The lowrance has chirp option for an extra $170 is it worth it for someone who was quite happy with a 10yr old black n white sounder? Any recommended supplier/fitters in brisvegas that can match or better prices?
    cheers.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Re: New 7" GPS/sounder combo sub $1000 fitted?

Try TRYMAX in capalaba i know they sell and fit them not sure of the rest but they have a website you can check http://trymax.com.au/

Interesting question this one. If you didn't want side scan I would be keen to see how this unit with CHIRP compares to a HDS 7 unit. There is a big price difference between the two if you opt for the side scan option (structurescan) on the HDS. Are you only paying for the sidescan function on top of the normal and down scan imaging?

Trymax no good, they don't stock the hdi series.. Only the hds which is way over his budget. Any other models I should be looking at in that price range?

Try Boating and RV at Capalaba.
    They fit at a very reasonable rate and prices on Lowrance are some of the best country wide.

That's where he got it from and fitted a few weeks back.