Thread: G'day all

G'day all

Hi all, been reading this forum for a while now but never had the means to pay for it.

I am an 18 year old from Cairns and primarily fish the surrounding reefs. Fish mainly with family and friends out of a 6m Trailcraft. We have never never had to worry about reaching the bag limit but will usually get a few and are always improving. I have learnt a lot from here and hope to one day share some of my limited information.

I recently bought a new (used) hilux so im sure there will be some posts in the 4WD section as well.

Cheers

Re: G'day all

Welcome.

Come from the same place many years ago. Born and raised in Cairns. Fished the area from the time I could get a line in the water.

afischill do you get out the reef often or do you stay inshore. Now that you have a 4WD you will be able to get a few mates together and do a few cape trips. Lived around the cape and gulf for about 10 years after leaving Cairns. Had a great time fishing with a little work sometimes getting in the way.

All the best on the site and you have many years of fishing fun ahead of you so enjoy.

Yeah mate, its not a bad place to live I have found. Primarily offshore, we have been to most reefs around the area, Linden banks and the sorts. Try to get out as much as possible, weather and work depending of course. Missed this weekend actually.

Yeah I am looking forward to some trips. I have done a fair share of travelling across northern Australia when I was younger and am keen to revisit some places.

Linden Banks is one reef I never fished. Always wanted to give it a try but always found fish before getting there. Spent a lot of time fishing around Hastings and Batt at night. We use to get great fish with many times filling the esky and over. Those day's have long passed when there was no bag limits and it's for the best.

Certainly gets a little rough up that way when the weather turns on you and its a good punch into the sea all the way back to Cairns in a south easterly.

Will be towing the boat up sometime from Brisbane to take the son out and show him to where I fished some day. Certainly miss the fishing up there.