Thread: Toyota Hilux aftermarket flares

Toyota Hilux aftermarket flares

Hey Guys

Not fishing related, but I'm chasing a set of Flares to from my 2012 Toyota Hilux. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on good brands etc and particularly any experiences with Utemart flares. At this stage I am leaning towards these as they are the only set that will fit nicely with the genuine steel bull bar, whereas all other brands will leave an ugly gap.

Cheers
    Pazz

Re: Toyota Hilux aftermarket flares

I bought a set of Utemart Extrawide flares for my 08 hilux Xtra cab. I have the genuine steel bar which means I have the "ugly gap" but am planning on upgrading the bar in the future so I figured it was something i could live with, infact i pointed it out to a few people and they said they never noticed it. I have also gotten used to it really. But in general, i had no problems with Utemart. Arrived in 4 days, fitted them in about 20 minutes a side. Fitted perfectly with no gaps anywhere. Perfect colour match for the silver. I havent had them on for a long time so can't really comment on how they hold up but i have noticed the adhesive tape has lost a bit of its sticky-ness in some places (not noticable and its all still in contact with the body.)

You have probably already ordered them already but any questions feel free to ask.

Re: Toyota Hilux aftermarket flares

Thanks mate, I haven't ordered them yet. Planning on the next day or so. The cash funds are a little tight at the moment.