Thread: New project

New project

I'm filling in a bit of time waiting on components for a major project for a US customer so I started a build on an old Pro-graph I had lying around. Really tied something a little different in the G-Urushi style. The depth on this thing is just incredible and the photos don't do it any justice at all. My son reckons it looks like a photo of the milky way? Still got grips and seat to fit.

Regards to all
    Mark
    Outback Rods
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New project

Mark,.
    I absolutely love it and on a good blank too.That is the best i have ever seen with the colours and contrast. What sort of reel seat will you add . I can make you a Light blue, Dark blue or black white camo vss grips to go with it if you like with matching split butt. If you got some camo off Mark a while ago that came from me he wants more but i have kept some in reserve. Free!! Is it a pro graph 4,5,6. They were all good blanks. Can do custom cork as well.Titanium K torzites? HMMMMMM
    Graham

Mate thanks for the offer. Very much appreciated. At this stage I have glued up some black EVA grips with a red/white and blue chain link inlay in them. I think I need to surround the G-Urushi with Black and the chain link will just be an accent at the far end. I was looking at putting a Matagi DPSD 17mm seat in Vintage blue or red (haven't decided yet. The torzites are way out of my price range but I will probably just go with K series Fuji's. I don't know what model Prograph it was as there were no markings on the butt but it is a pretty heavy stick and in that blue colour they made.
    Graham thanks again for the offer - one I may well take you up on very soon.

Regards
    Mark

Great looking stick Mark!
    Looking forward to seeing the completed unit

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Mark,
    It is more than likely a prograph 6 awesome blank for offshore plastics.
    Graham

Graham this one is about 7'6" and reasonably heavy. Would fish 10-12kg easily and probably more. I'm building this one as a heavy estuary Jew spinning rod for plastics. I reckon it will suit this style of fishing perfectly. It would probably double up well as a decent LBG spinning stick.
    Regards
    Mark