Thread: Canvas canopies/Hard roof

Canvas canopies/Hard roof

I've just upgraded the old fishing truck and in the next 12 months I'll be looking at taking the tub/canopy off and putting a steel tray on and am chasing ideas for a canvas canopy. What I'm after is a hard roof, with canvas drop down sides.
    Will need to be high enough to fit a dog box underneath. It sounds pretty basic and straight forward but it seems every ute I saw prior to now with schmick set ups suddenly has gone into hiding.
    If you're running anything similar to this I'd love to see it!

Re: Canvas canopies/Hard roof

Nothing about guys?

mattooty, just saw a mates setup, he has a hilux tray back and he got hold of another tray and used it as the roof and then attached the canvas sides. It was great as he delivered some trestles to my place and jumped straight up onto the roof without having to worry about it. It worked well, he did it before he went to the kimberlies last year and it was faultless over all that rough country. sorry I don't have any pics as he lives in Brisbane and I hate going there.

Time to do some Fishin & less workin.

I went with steel frame 3mm checker floor & 5mm ally roof so i can sleep inside or on the roof.
    Carry anything including firewood on the roof
    3 gull wing doors & a removable center divider so i can strap stuff to it & increase storage hugely.
    100lt water under tray
    2 boxes hold a battery in each & a draw under the rear end..
    Time to do some Fishin & less workin.