Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F Truck, Chevvy or Dodge RAM????

Re: F Truck, Chevvy or Dodge RAM????

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Don't like your chances Rob. Juna is still quite disturbed by your avatar.

Took me a while to convince her thats not a ferret trying to hump a rotty
    Is this better??????

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post
    Will it make a difference if I change it????
    Now I'm disturbed!!

Disturbed, concerned and if truthful probably a little bit scared, or is it scarred. Probably both.

Tony, depending on year and model of the F Truck, I would go Dodge Ram or Silverado because of 1 item .... exhaust brakes! These things are big and my F250 likes to go down hill faster than a Canadian Bob Sled! That's without towing anything! Another consideration would be proximity to servicing and parts where you are using the truck. How easy is it to get the rig up and running if there's a problem? Warranty work - where? Who?

Don't get me wrong, I love my F250, but I was led to believe that it was backed by Ford Australia (sold by ford new in Aus) and parts readily available. I broke down last month at Rockhampton enroute to Stanage, and parts had to be flown up from Brisbane! Ford at Rocky said they didn't stock parts for F250's ..... Needless to say they didn't get the job!

good luck,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Tony, depending on year and model of the F Truck, I would go Dodge Ram or Silverado because of 1 item .... exhaust brakes! These things are big and my F250 likes to go down hill faster than a Canadian Bob Sled! That's without towing anything! Another consideration would be proximity to servicing and parts where you are using the truck. How easy is it to get the rig up and running if there's a problem? Warranty work - where? Who?

Don't get me wrong, I love my F250, but I was led to believe that it was backed by Ford Australia (sold by ford new in Aus) and parts readily available. I broke down last month at Rockhampton enroute to Stanage, and parts had to be flown up from Brisbane! Ford at Rocky said they didn't stock parts for F250's ..... Needless to say they didn't get the job!

good luck,
    Thanks Jim, Currently leaning more to the Silverados from the little I've heard & read. I'll go up tp Performax at Gympie & have a look, & they push the fact they do all the servicing, which is only 45 minutes up the road from Noosa, so quite handy.

Tony