Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ive got to know how croc got the guy

Re: Ive got to know how croc got the guy

The majority of crocs that kill people here in the NT are hunted and shot afterwards, with a few mates. They are culling the crocs. It's up to people, like the last 4 to grow a brain. From memory, 2 were swimming in waterholes, 1 tried to swim across the Mary river on his 21st and this recent one was sadly washing a bucket. Who was in the wrong.. Crocs or people? It's the people! They all knew the hazards.

This might help with respect to the original purpose of the post...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fisherman.html

So the report is seeming to say he was standing at rear of boat emptying a bucket. Im finding it hard for anyone to see this bloke being aligned with the reckless set who have been taken recently. I know the splashing of the water would have been involved in attracting the attack, but this seems a very wilful attack by a pretty nasty croc. Anyone fishing for barra in croc waters is responsible for causing some splashing in the process if fishing and even landing them, this bloke was very unfortunate.
    Its certainly sobered me up about how we are going to fish from here on in.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Yup, one can only assume the croc was already sitting there waiting as it normally wouldn't take too long to wash a bucket. I think it will be a case of keeping all appendages inside the ride at all times, longer handled landing nets and fish being fairly unceremoniously released to sort themselves out.

Yep agree Odes. Can't believe there was any silly buggers there. Seems like a very aggressive croc if this report is to be believed.