Thread: Trailer graveyard

Trailer graveyard

I am in the market for a new trailer but I am wondering what to do with the old trailer as when talking to dealers it is a case of they might be able to use it, sell it on ebay or take it to the dump, it has some surface rust etc. Wondering what others have done with their old trailer.

Re: Trailer graveyard

Advertise on ebay or gumtree. You will be surprised at how much you can get for it and how quickly it goes. Whatever the dealers quoted you for a rptrade, add $500 and put it up for sale.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

People who can weld etc buy them and do them up mate, what size boat is it for.

Take it to Mayfair and rebuild it with their spare parts http://www.mayfairmarine.com.au/_lib...-catalogue.pdf

You could drive out with a better than new trailer using a mix of yours and their bits.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Advertise it for sure, I sold one a few years ago for $400. I wouldn't have given you $10 for it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

My mate cut one down and made a motorbike trailer, looks OK for free.
    randell

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    People who can weld etc buy them and do them up mate, what size boat is it for.
    It is for a 5.8 - 6 m boat which means it is a stretch for a 6m which is ne of the reasons I want to upgrade, also as I have only maybe 5 - 10 years left in offshore work I thought I should treat myself and make life a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Advertise on ebay or gumtree. You will be surprised at how much you can get for it and how quickly it goes. Whatever the dealers quoted you for a rptrade, add $500 and put it up for sale.
    Dealers here aren't interested as he said he already had 3 and he uses them to transfer boats etc and he doesn't have a market for used trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Take it to Mayfair and rebuild it with their spare parts http://www.mayfairmarine.com.au/_lib...-catalogue.pdf

You could drive out with a better than new trailer using a mix of yours and their bits.

Cheers
    Chimo
    Chimo,
    I visited Mayfair as it was one of theirs, they don't sell direct and I would have to go through a dealer. I priced all the spares and the other work needed to clean it up with out any guarantee it wouldn't need constant repair and the cost was 2/3 rds or more than a replacement trailer. Included in that was the cost of extending it as the original trailer is a little short IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Advertise it for sure, I sold one a few years ago for $400. I wouldn't have given you $10 for it.

Mate - how are those crabs going. still getting heaps of sandies here at the moment.

Got 7 muddied and 4 Sandies yesterday.

Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Second hand trailers sell like hot cakes, you will have no trouble getting reasonable money for it.