Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojo No Go

Mojo No Go

How long does it take to establish a boat's mojo? Is it determined by the first trip, do you average the first five or does it depend on the first year? Don't say first trip, or I'm up Poo Creek without an oar.

Re: Mojo No Go

It would have to depend on the boat???

Mojo is always a difficult thing to measure accurately.....

i think when talking boats, it takes 12 months to know whether you've got one that has it or not. So you shouldn't light the bonfire under it just yet!

In the first 12 months with my new Surtees, i knew I was on a winner when I set PB's for snapper, spanish mackerel and cobia, and filled the esky pretty regularly. Better still, the strike-outs were fairly few and far between. Plus, the Leader of the Opposition caught her best fish on a SP on her first trip aboard.

But then, i was fairly safe too, since the Surtees slogan is "Built to fish"
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Have had my Victory near on 2 years now and have only in the last 6 months started to put reasonable trips together. I can tell you that 12 months in I was asking all the same questions and threatening it with all sorts of actions. Eventually traced the problem to loose nut behind wheel

having a positive approach will always help.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

BYO MJ
    dont blame the boat!

Quote Originally Posted by fisho64 View Post
    BYO MJ
    dont blame the boat!
    I am the boat.

It doesn't really work like that, Mojo comes and goes, a bit like droughts.

I've had plenty of go, but very little come. Wait a minute, let me rephrase that...

First cast in my boat was a miss cast and so I started winding in and hooked a 55cm flatty...mojo accomplished...

Quote Originally Posted by madmaskbass View Post
    First cast in my boat was a miss cast and so I started winding in and hooked a 55cm flatty...mojo accomplished...
    nice work...

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Have had my Victory near on 2 years now and have only in the last 6 months started to put reasonable trips together. I can tell you that 12 months in I was asking all the same questions and threatening it with all sorts of actions. Eventually traced the problem to loose nut behind wheel
    Well you were dead on Scottar and others. Bugger of a boat to cast net from, and not great to fish from but travels like a dream. Mojo is slowly coming. more than 6 months of occasional trips until this one in CQ recently. First barra went 111 with massive jumps, then one which hit like a jack wanting to get into the mangroves then went crazy all around the boat. 85cm. Won't even tell you what bait I got them on, it would be too demoralising for some who have yet to nail one...

850 mm silver flash
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good to see you are getting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Good to see you are getting it together.
    That's probably taking things a little too far. I'm not getting them together, I've just stopped things getting further apart.