Thread: Suzuki Garmin Connectivity NMEA

Suzuki Garmin Connectivity NMEA

Hi all,

Cutting to the chase I want to connect a Garmin GPSmap750s to my 2012 Suzuki 175hp. I have a NMEA starter kit.. What else do I need to get the girls talking?

I'm at the end of a long install and just need to resolve this issue.

Appreciate your help

Howso

Re: Suzuki Garmin Connectivity NMEA

need to get this cable from suzuki or lowrance or anyone who might have it in stock " 990C0-88134"
    plug white leads into these ports under the cowling. Attachment 103362
    anddddd sometimes its as easy as that "sometimes"

You will need the suzuki engine interface and then depending on the motor possibly some sort of adapter or someone who knows what they are doing to wire it in. The situation may have changed in recent years but when I was playing around with these the suzuki nmea 2000 socket on the motor never matched up to the interface so we had to rewire them. There is a good chance this has been sorted out now as Haines has a dealer agreement with Garmin and I can't imagine all the suzuki dealers rewiring interfaces. The other thing we had to do was program the interface using a lowrance display as the interfaces were a lowrance product. I don't know whether this has changed as well. My advise would be to contact your suzuki dealer or Haines Group.

Ok thanks all. Have made contact and will need the above mentioned interface cable and potentially a dropper. Have decided to take it into the local Suzuki dealer to be resolved.