Thread: Hds12t - settings

Hds12t - settings

Hello.

I would like some advice on ideal settings to try on my HDS12T. i fish NT river system with max depth of around 10m. The water is dirty most times. I am chasing Barra on lures. I use the new LSS2 transducer. I use mainly SIDESCAN and do not use the skimmer transducer - yet. I already have the Furuno 585 hooked up with a P66 transducer for speed underway, etc...

I would like to know these settings for my application:

Frequency
    Fishing mode

Noise rejection
    Surface clarity
    Scroll speed
    Ping speed
    Mode (manual or auto)
    Side Scan Palette
    Temp graph (on or off)
    Depth line (on or off)

How to get DOWNSCAN to work?

Splash

Re: Hds12t - settings

If that was my unit I would use these settings
    Frequency 800khz
    fishing mode - general although you coalso try shallow water
    noise rejection - low but you may have to fiddle with that depending on the water you are fishing in
    surface clarity - high but again this may need to change
    ping speed - max
    mode - auto
    palette - I like the standard brown but give them all a go
    temp graph - entirely up to you but I would have thought water temp would be useful info chasing barra

You can overlay downscan by using the sonar settings menu

Frequency 800khz = best. 455khz if you want the beams to a bit further afield
    Fishing mode general (lowrance has an issue with shallow water settings hitting a 2mt imaginary line and causing a bit of confusion)
    Noise rejection if your just using side scan you wont really need to worry to much about this. if you use your skimmer as well have it on low-med
    Surface clarity max it out. but once again wont matter much if your just using your lss2
    Scroll speed for side imaging , max it out.
    Ping speed max
    Mode (manual or auto) auto
    Side Scan Palette number 4 brown or for something different 5/9 blue/green is good i have found
    Temp graph (on or off) personal choice
    Depth line (on or off)for lures and downrigging. its handy.

to get to down imaging on the right hand side you will see "view"

and then press "down"

moose

thanks moose and snake catcher - so, you don't need the 2d sonar ducer to run the sidescan properly?

Splash

the lss2 transducer "the long one" is your structure scan transducer. it gives you that side and down imaging. if you only have that transducer plugged in. they are only sonar options that will be shown. if you run the skimmer transducer as well you will have "classic" sonar available as well.

if you want downscan overlay "Which nobody ever uses" you need both transducers.