Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yalta Craft Owners Meet and Greet 2014

Re: Yalta Craft Owners Meet and Greet 2014

No leg humping allowed
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    No leg humping allowed
    I heard some worked at Daryl Lee on the weekend packing Fudge!!!!

Ohh, Look at that........
    I got you guys to page 4.
    You have to be happy with that LOL.

Have you all pulled the pin yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Have you all pulled the pin yet?
    Not yet.
    Still hopeful.
    Some may have already, we are waiting til the death of it & will make the call probably Wednesday

I WISH for red FISH
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Maybe if you Yalta Craft owners traded in your boats for something decent you may get a bigger M&G off the ground
    Just Sayin
    they are better than your boat lance that is for sure.

What's going on here boys??

Can Cat's & other mono's tag along on this trip seeing ours has fallen over

Maybe the monos could pair up, get lashed together and pretend they are cats.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes1 View Post

No probs at all mate, need a few camera boats to film and photograph the Yalta Flotilla....

You guys are more then welcome to come. As long as the cats don't mind being out-numbered with far superior monos?

Send us all your most popular GPS marks and lets take a vote. I will need some help there, I'll be glued to the screen avoiding all the shallow ground and green zones

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Send us all your most popular GPS marks and lets take a vote. I will need some help there, I'll be glued to the screen avoiding all the shallow ground and green zones

Scalem
    Try this spot boys.
    It's one of Danny's spots so I don't mind giving it out
    It's RED hot, this is the hottest spot in Australia for reds.
    We have pulled many good sized REDS from here.
    25.20.4444S - 131.02.1331E
    There is a massive huge hump when you go over it & drops off hundreds of meters all the way round ( I think it's solid rock ).
    Let me know how you go.

Anyone tried this mark yet???

Anyone tried this mark yet???
    Everyone's a comedian - No more constructive posts in.... how long?? OK here is another question, but I will try be a bit specific. What depths of water are planning to fish and are most successful? I know the answer lies in what species you are targeting so all I know from when I fished with a charter many years ago is this - Hussar and coral Trout can be so shallow you can see them drawn to baits, then we moved out deep for reds.... That can be to 100 mtrs or so, not really interested in going deeper than that. What's the general game plan if there is one? Need to make sure I have enough line/ weight and fish accordingly.

Thanks guys!

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Everyone's a comedian - No more constructive posts in.... how long?? OK here is another question, but I will try be a bit specific. What depths of water are planning to fish and are most successful? I know the answer lies in what species you are targeting so all I know from when I fished with a charter many years ago is this - Hussar and coral Trout can be so shallow you can see them drawn to baits, then we moved out deep for reds.... That can be to 100 mtrs or so, not really interested in going deeper than that. What's the general game plan if there is one? Need to make sure I have enough line/ weight and fish accordingly.

Thanks guys!

Scalem
    Heya man,

I fished from 12mtrs to 100mtrs last time. Used up to 24oz sinkers to hold bottom, hard fishing. Most trout were in shallow water. I wish the hussar were the same, but they were caught in any depth.

My general game plan is to head over with the rest of the group to either Musgrave or Fitzroy then mark the channel into the lagoon. Then depending on the conditions either head wide or fish one of the many reefs near Musgrave or Fitzroy planning to raft up before sunset. There are a few mooring buoys in both Fitzroy and Musgrave and they can easily handle our group of the one, just need to remember the fenders. Again, this depends on conditions. If it is going to blow up during the night it's easier to go it alone and drop your pick. Both lagoons provide great shelter from the swell and wind chop, so a blowy night is not much of a concern.