Thread: "Bring it on" rod

"Bring it on" rod

Hi all, hiw are you?

i have heard a few of you blokes chatting about a "being it on" rod a builder makes around brisbane somewhere. I was wondering if I could a few details about it.

Thanks
    Rob

Re: "Bring it on" rod

Rob, we'll let Banana answer that one. That way he will get his commission!! LOL

Tony

Rob,

No commission mate. Its just a soft rod with heaps of grunt & feel. I bought another two the other day so next time I lone rods out I wont be without myself.

Mate heres just a few guys that have bought at least one themselves in the last couple of years and are on this site. Just these guys alone have bought 20 rods. Not all limited to the "Bring it on". It's suited to fishing from 10mtrs-60mtrs of water and thats the depth we fish up at 1770 targeting reds and trout.

The Bring it On is soft and has an incredible amount of feel to the rod. The fish when biting bend the rod before you feel the braid giving you time to release slack line to the fish. Once hooked up you don't pump and wind like a conventional short stroker but simply let the rod load up and remain loaded while you skull drag the fish or let it bugger its self. Id have to say the best thing about this rod in my opinion is you always know where the fish's head is during a fight. You know when you've got it turned and when to wind hard and get it of the bottom. Once you turn its head and your not stuffing around pump and winding you can put serious hurt on your reel and skull drag the fish to the surface without letting it fight, if the fish's head is pointing up to the sun and you are winding like crazy (1mtr per wind) it has little to no chance and even less chance of getting sharked. I watch guys on fish like decent trout on stiff rods and they make hard work out of them. Likewise i see guys on reds make hard work out of them. The only down side is its too soft a rod to fish a paternoster over a 12 once dropper lead so a paternoster rig in current is a problem....You cant have every thing.

Soulfish
    Moejoes
    Nautical Prince
    Outaline
    Outwide
    Overdraft
    Back in Black

I should add the guy who sells the rods is no mate of mine and does me no favours. I tell guys about them because they make such a massive difference in my fishing and what ive seen in other fellas.

For example when I met Mojoes he was fishing a stiffer rod with wind on leaders and a good trip would be a feed of fish mostly he would now throw back. Once he changed rods and rigs and spent a couple of years fishing lighter (by this I mean lighter bait presentation. When the fish picks up the bait it doesn't feel you at the other end) he has improved to no end. He now smashes them and goes well. I doubt he would of picked it up as quickly as he had if he didn't change to these rods...Pity he hasn't picked up how to throw a parra anchor

If you are interested send Rob an PM im sure he will attest to the difference they have made to him. I doubt he would go fishing if he didn't have his "Bring it On".

Thanks Tony and Keith.
    I am going to stop in and have a look for my self later in the week.

Thanks again.
    Rob

where abouts in brissy are they

Great info Bannana, what reels and line you using on those outfits?