Thread: Grean Lava Urushi and Green Pacman wrap.

Grean Lava Urushi and Green Pacman wrap.

Just paying around with a Urushi for the upcoming SEARBS meeting on the 18/5/14. I bought some raw Kiwi Paua shell, smashed it up and this is the end result. Bit of work but the results are well worth the effort. The wrap is an old favorite done on a spare blank which was just sitting around. Now I have some ideas what to do with it - just waiting on components - again!

Regards to all
    Outback
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Grean Lava Urushi and Green Pacman wrap.

That is one beautiful blank - almost too good to use.

Nice work Mark!
    What sort of thickness does the Urushi end up?

Cheers
    Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

The Urushi is done on a piece of scrap blank only.
    The Pacman is done on an old Powergraph blank I had lying around. I wasn't going to go all out but now I've got the urge to make it really good. I have some Matagi fittings ordered and I've polished some black EVA t go on it. Owen the Paua shell is super thin now and is as smooth as a babies butt. The shell is very rough when glued on the blank with the limestone side up. As you sand through the outer layer the good shell shows through. The photos just dont do justice. I sand with a file first up untill the shell starts to show then I put a layer of colour or clear on to level things out a bit, then sand again until smooth. Bit of work but well worth it.

Regards
    Mark

Simply stunning work Mark. That thread work is amazing.