Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailor Tales

Re: Tailor Tales

Fished the seaway this evening, most guys we getting onto the school of smallish gt that were chopping up the bait schools, I didn't get one but watched about 5 get landed for those that didn't get bricked.
    Left the and headed down the beach, 1st cast and 5 seconds later I had a nice tailor on, but lost him in the wash, by end of my session I landed and took home 2 for a feed, dipped another 2 and missed the hits on about another6.
    Yay I broke my 2014 tailor drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblown View Post
    Hi to all, I am just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on this years tailor run. Has anyone started to catch tailor anywhere in the northern parts of Morton Bay, I live in Redclifffe. If not when do the bay fish start to turn up. Cheers Fullblown.
    Typically you will get the smaller schools and stray fish given the time of year but saying this the water temp and current has abit to do with it, currently the schools of fish we typically see heading north are probably still down south (or been neeted) based on the latest BOM sea temp readings. Tailor are like all other species known to man, be in good numbers one day (Or season) and gone the next. The Mackerel this year is a prime example. Been a cracker but in seasons gone by you had to burn a lot of fuel to find them. As the cooler currents push north we should start seeing more regular decent catches. its a 50/50, could be a bad tailor run this year or might just be a late run, mother nature is a bitch sometimes specially when alot of guys plan fraser trips from early August through to late Oct every year. On the bright side the Spanish are still around north of noosa in good numbers!

After weeks of donuts, there were some big fish in the goldie gutters last week.
    Me and mates got about 10 from 45 - 60cm Friday night.
    Old mate 100m away from us got a 80cm horse !!!!
    Another bloke says being bitten off 6 times in one session - some guys report of spotties with lures from the beach!
    CRAZY SEASON thus far! Heading to Fraser in 4 weeks with only one thing on the brain ...... JOSE' of Spanish descent :-)

I found a massive school in northern Moreton Bay on Wednesday afternoon, had some fun on light gear. No real size but big numbers. Hopefully they are on the move north!!