Thread: Livies at coochie

Livies at coochie

Was gonna give coochie a fish on sat morning, anyone suggest somewhere nearby to catch some livies to fish with? I'm interested in snapper but I mainly want fish on board. Otherwise, I'll be using plastics

cheers

Re: Livies at coochie

try around from Potts Point on the western side in the first bay in about 2-3 metres near the rocks, heaps of pike there a couple of weeks ago
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    try around from Potts Point on the western side in the first bay in about 2-3 metres near the rocks, heaps of pike there a couple of weeks ago
    Cheers for that. What ramp is Best? The one that the barge uses?

They are both ok but the water is skinny at low tide. There is enough to launch a 6 metre rig but only just. Depends on the crowds as to how busy each ramp will be and whether you like the convenience of the pontoon. I usually use the pontoon one and if it is ridiculously busy drop the driver off to take the car and trailer to the other ramp if it is quiet.

Launch depends on wind or tide. SE wind is no go at the Southern ramp. The Northern ramp suffers from a strong tidal flow.

Well went fishing this morning, spent about an hr jigging. Couldn't seem to get on any livies, just some baby squires. Ended up using squid and pillies. Drifted over the arti reef, anchored and burleyed up. Only ended up with a gummy shark and a 58cm spotty Mack. Few boats out and no one seemed to be catching. Maybe they were just off today

What's your method of burleying if I may ask.
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.

Pellets from bcf and a few pillies chopped up. I usually an anchor up then every 10 mins throw a handful over the anchor rope. Thoughts?

I've only burleyed once up at hutchies and managed to attract a school of kingies. I was just chopping up pillies and throwing the pieces one at a time at about 20-30 second intervals. Managed to hook one but after the first guy got hooked on a whole Pillie the others were onto me. They would smash the cubes but as soon as they saw a full pillie they would have a good look and then stay away from it. I couldn't believe how close they were to the boat! I could almost just scoop them up in the net!

Mainly I was curious about how long to wait between handfuls (or whatever). How much success do you normally get with burley? To me it seems like throwing money over the side (tight arse that I am 😃 )

cheers nic
    That's a nice fish you caught... Do you mind if I use it for bait.