Thread: Hobie eVolve electric motor

Hobie eVolve electric motor

I have had a hobie kayak for many years and it is great - does anyone have one of the eVolve electric motors? What do you think of it?
    I would like to get some sort of motor for the kayak for longer trips but the cost of this one is a big turn off.

Grateful for your thoughts

Thanks

Re: Hobie eVolve electric motor

Ocean Kayak have recently bought out a new yak with a mini-koto motor. I've heard a lot of good things about that.

Not much about the hobie model.
    Tight lines, Look Cool - Act Cool - Be Cool

Ocean Kayak Prowler Elite 4.5 meter

I'll check it out thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher View Post
    I have had a hobie kayak for many years and it is great - does anyone have one of the eVolve electric motors? What do you think of it?
    I would like to get some sort of motor for the kayak for longer trips but the cost of this one is a big turn off.

Grateful for your thoughts

Thanks
    Another kayak mate had an evolve fitted on his Revo or Quest [unsure] and it was fantastic in performance and also very good hours of use from the battery. Never had any issues in the time he had it, and still working as new when he sold the whole rig a couple of years later.
    Well worth giving it serious consideration mate
    Regards

Richo

Stealth serpent are an Aussie company that adapt watersnake motors to fit in the pedal section of a hobie ,I have one and so does a mate of mine . We use ours to troll around the gold coast canals for jacks and with a 120 amp hr battery strapped on the back you can troll for about 7 hrs...Matt Ps Google stealth serpent and you will see what I mean I also bought a set of heavy duty cart wheels and they are great as well
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks guys at least there are options out there