Thread: Tailor

Tailor

Anyone know if any tailor have showed up around Scarborough/Woody point or further north along Teewah beach north of Noosa.

Re: Tailor

bump , I would like to know also

I was talking to a guy on Sunday who caught some out from Woody Point

I had a try off scarb. Caught a few under size and saw one school chopping up the water for a short time.

I fished the Scarborough spit this evening for Tailor, nil, zip, none. Have been trying twice a week for a month now and not one yet,a few good bream and a couple of 40cm squire a fortnight ago. One thing I have noticed or should I say not noticed and that is baitfish or lack thereof. Usually if tailor are around you see bait being chased and spraying out of the water, but up untill now water dead with no baitfish action. Has anyone been getting any Tailor in the Brissy river.

I caught one in cabbage tree about a month ago, about 40cm and lost three. I was fishing single hooks for bream. One school went through and that was it. There were a lot of hardy heads around, but I've since noticed that even they have disappeared.

I've heard of 1 or 2 being caught Shorncliffe to Sandgate but nothing to get excited about yet