Thread: new saragosers

new saragosers

Anyone tried 1, man they look nice.

Re: new saragosers

They are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ranga7 View Post
    Anyone tried 1, man they look nice.
    Bouth the 20000sw on the weekend. Haven't used it yet but it compares very favourable to the feel of my saltist and my older saragosa and both both them have been bloody excellent. I think it's going to be a really good thing.

I bought the new 5000 gosa at xmas .. I use it for floatlining not as sooth as a stradic but feels a lot more solid when fighting a nice snapp on it

I have had a 4000 now for about 2 years. Loaded with 20lb Powerpro braid.

I use it as my offshore light SP reel, on a Shimano 6-8kg spin stick.

It has accounted for numerous fish in the Bay and offshore, including 2 PB's:

11.0kg snapper
    22kg spanish mackerel.

Drag is as smooth as you could ask for and stayed that way for the above fish, which as you can imagine were not exactly quick fights and put the Gosa well and truly through its paces, which it passed with flying colors.

great reels.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    I bought the new 5000 gosa at xmas .. I use it for floatlining not as sooth as a stradic but feels a lot more solid when fighting a nice snapp on it
    Hi rosco, u talking bout the fj stadic, i got them 2 and love em, gunna use the gosas 4 float lining and trolling 4 Macs' mainly, but might get a couple more fj, wat ya reckon.

yeah mate I had the 5000 fj,mine was totally rooted after around 12 months wasn't worth fixing..the saragosa will be the better option In my opinion more robust reel...both pull similar line every crank...

Just picked up a 6000sw to match up to a 7-12kg pflueger xtr rod. Should be a pretty solid setup without weighing much.

Note: A lot of websites have conflicting info on the weight. The 6000sw weighs in at around 465g (not the 595g it states on the Shimano site).

Got a brand new Saragosa SW25000 mated to a T Curve 200 Jig Spin rod, and loaded with 80lb Platypus Superbraid. It is a beautiful reel, and feels bullet proof. Plan is to blood it over the next couple of days somewhere north east of Sandy Cape.

Hopefully I will be able to give a report on it, and back it up with a few photos sometime over the weekend.

cheers

Jeff

Just a word on the new saragosas..
    Worth maybe having a look at the drag washers and cleaning and lightly regressing them. When i took mine out there was this crusty white dried grease type stuff everywhere and the carbon washers themselves had a heap of loose carbon particles etc all over them.
    I wiped them off, cleaned everything up and regressed and they seem to be much better.
    Should have taken some pictures but i was on a role doing all my reels. :p