Thread: Thought this was interesting

Thought this was interesting

Re: Thought this was interesting

very interesting indeed

red/pink is the first colour that disappears in the spectrum under water but theres thousands of guys that swear by hot pink SP... go figure.

The fish might like the shade of grey/blue that it turns tooin deep water?

Ive often wondered and thought about the spectrum but wonder too does it matter are fish seeing it different to the spectrum. Ive seen different coloured soft plastics work to others in depths of 170 ft and they same scent so don t know . Baffling but very interesting
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Really interesting, as JT says perhaps fish see things differently - I always start with a pink soft plastic when chasing snapper in 40 odd metres and they seem to work really well which is odd if the fish can't even see them.

Theories such as this assume that fish see colour the same way that humans do. I suspect that fish can see colours differently than we do especially in the ultraviolet range of the colour spectrum. If fish all appear grey in deep water why are so many reef species so brightly coloured with a predominance of red?

It's interesting how we always assume other creatures see things the same way as us. This is so far from being true, take the old red rag to a bull. Cows only see in B&W, so red is a shade of grey. Likewise with sea creatures, they can see things we can't. Very little research has been done on what fish see, and it varies between fish species. So if a red plastic works, then just keep using it. Has anybody tried a black plastic.

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Yes, black works as well, Gulp Vader, they do have a blue luminescence in them.

Regards
    Honda.

how do (they)determine how other animals see things?

I think the whole colour thing is over rated, i float fish with pilchards which are mostly a blue silver ish colour and i catch snapper in all sorts of weather/depths and conditions.
    I also fish with plastics and i also think the colour thing is overrated, I've tried ever colour, and there all good, if the time is right e.g. tide, moon and time of day and the fish is hungry, if you put it in front of him hell eat it.
    Colour shamolour...

hey Red,
    I think with the pillies its more the smell then sight that catches your snaps...

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    hey Red,
    I think with the pillies its more the smell then sight that catches your snaps...
    Yep sure that helps same as the smelly stuff on plastics, in imo colour isn't a biggy tho

agree.....