Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DNS attacks on server, site may be non responsive

Re: DNS attacks on server, site may be non responsive

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    I can access the site via iPad but when I log on with laptop page partially loads and just hangs there with limited stuff on the page. Clicking on the limited buttons available takes me nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yep I have had pages just hang for ages also.
    Pressing to "go to last post" icon only takes me to the thread not the last post in the thread.
    There is a thread on this subject. Seems to be a browser issue. Working fine for me on Safari, Chrome and Firefox. They are the main browsers used by most people these days and the ones supported by the forums.

Blog Entries

Hi Steve
    i put chrome onto the laptop and there was no change. I then bought the laptop home to do some work, tried to log onto Ausfish and bingo I am on. Perhaps it as you say an AAPT issue. I will try and log on from work again Monday and see if issue returns. (Might not chase up my IT dept if there is an issue though :-P )

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    There is a thread on this subject. Seems to be a browser issue. Working fine for me on Safari, Chrome and Firefox. They are the main browsers used by most people these days and the ones supported by the forums.
    I use Chrome as well Steve so it isn't a browser issue...........
    I noticed after I raised the last post icon issue that I am now directed to the last post when I click on it now.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

I noticed after I raised the last post icon issue that I am now directed to the last post when I click on it now.
    Nothing has been changed so do not know why you had the problem or why it is now working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Hi Steve
    i put chrome onto the laptop and there was no change. I then bought the laptop home to do some work, tried to log onto Ausfish and bingo I am on. Perhaps it as you say an AAPT issue. I will try and log on from work again Monday and see if issue returns. (Might not chase up my IT dept if there is an issue though :-P )
    Traced to you from me here in Vietnam and didn't look too good. So did a trace from the server to you
    Looks like a few issues there

traceroute to 120.19.***.*** (120.19.***.***), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
    1 (64.235.237.97) 0.270 ms 0.259 ms *
    2 * * *
    3 * * *
    4 * * *
    5 * * *
    6 * * *
    7 * * *
    8 * * *
    9 te0-0-0-0.bqueecore01.aapt.net.au (202.10.10.66) 177.921 ms 177.963 ms 177.983 ms
    10 te2-2.bqueedist01.aapt.net.au (202.10.12.18) 178.026 ms 178.029 ms *
    11 * 1-1-1.bqueeinte01.aapt.net.au (203.131.62.23) 186.770 ms 186.746 ms
    12 59-100-208-162.bri.static-ipl.aapt.com.au (59.100.208.162) 179.332 ms 179.455 ms 179.459 ms
    13 120.19.128.36 (120.19.***.***) 178.980 ms 179.196 ms 179.016 ms

Is it only when you use AAPT or is it with Primus as well?

If there is a time out issue you may not be getting all the data so see the top of the page. Sometimes you will be sent to the page and then when the final bit of data is loaded you go to the last post. This usually happens within the blink of an eye and you may not notice it. So if it is an AAPT issue with time out this could be the reason it works for you when you use Primus.