Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DNS attacks on server, site may be non responsive

Re: DNS attacks on server, site may be non responsive

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    BCPs for running a DNS server, you need to have two that don't point to the same IP! ausfish.com.au does have 2 DNS servers, but they have the same ip...
    yes, that is being fixed as well :-)

Turns out no one missed you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Yep, I was blocked from late Sunday until about 11pm tuesday.

Did youse miss me ?

LP

Phil, you may want to mention this on your Facebook Page because I didn't see anything there this morning.

OK, so far so good. Will be doing some more work and changes over the next day or so, but looks like the attack has moved on. Doesn't matter how much security you have in place there is always someone that will try. We keep everything up to date but with popular sites their is always someone that wants to attack you for whatever reason. Just the way the world is these days i suppose :-)

Again, my appologies for the trouble these lovely people have caused.

Have done some more changes to increase speed and some more advanced protection put in place, just in case :-)

Load times should also be faster. There could be some disruption with some ISP's that do not update their DNS records as fast as others. But this should be minimal.

Screen shot of load time of the forum at the moment

ausfishloadspeed.jpg

I went to red tube for awhile and didn't stress about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I went to red tube for awhile and didn't stress about it at all.
    That is a bit fishy

Can't start a new thread, "go advanced" box is unresponsive and comes up with a 'false' word near the top.

Tagging on to this thread using the quick reply is the only way to let you know Steve.

Also noted previously uploaded pics don't seem to be accessible via the manage attachment button, can't remember if it's always been like that?

Also noticed hitting the enter button to start a new line displays in the text box but when posted the new lines aren't there? This is a test.

Also noticed after a page is loaded on my browser the 'connecting' arrow continues to spin at the top left of my browser (firefox).

Did the budget cause this, cutbacks?

Looks like the enter button is now creating a new line, off to try advanced.... Now lets see what happens. New line another new line Now off to double check attachments.... Nope still no sign of previously uploaded pics?

Nope, new lines not displayed Edit: from the advanced chat area

Pressing to "go to last post" icon only takes me to the thread not the last post in the thread.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Pressing to "go to last post" icon only takes me to the thread not the last post in the thread.
    Has always done that for me too.

Blog Entries

I can access the site via iPad but when I log on with laptop page partially loads and just hangs there with limited stuff on the page. Clicking on the limited buttons available takes me nowhere

Yep I have had pages just hang for ages also.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    I can access the site via iPad but when I log on with laptop page partially loads and just hangs there with limited stuff on the page. Clicking on the limited buttons available takes me nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yep I have had pages just hang for ages also.
    trying to trace back to you both and it would seem that you are both with AAPT. There is a lot of time outs when I trace back to your IP address. Maybe get on to AAPT and see if they can do a trace for you and find the problem in their system. I will check further this end as well.