Thread: What lift kit for new navara d40 ?

Navara suspension lift

Bought a new Navara D40 6 mnths ago and as I expected I want to lift it.I want to increase it by 50-75mm and maintain its on-road manners.For my previous rig, a Colorado/Dmax I ran EFS in which I was really happy with and would fit it again but some other brands may suit the Navara better.Any other Navara owners tried others ?

Thanks

Re: What lift kit for new navara d40 ?

Have a look at navara.asia forums, lots of helpful information there! I have an EFS kit on my Navara and no issues.

Second for navara.asia. There is heaps of info on this forum and some really smart cookies when it comes to Navs. A lot of the Brissie guys used a guy called Zordo's Suspension.

I have an OME 2" lift, which is actually about 35mm front and 45mm rear. They tell me any higher than 2" has issues with the front CV joints on the Navaras and can't be done without other modifications. Would be worth looking closer into that issues, as I think a lot of guys on navara.asia have lifted them more.

I can't fault the OME set up, it is much better on the beach with a moderate load in the tray compared to stock, and it tows well (which is why I fitted it) right up to the 3t limit. I believe the EFS option would be similar from what I looked into (but maybe a bit cheaper). Mine has medium springs front and rear, front to carry steel bulbar, rear leaves are +250kg above the stock for towing but the first stage is same as standard. This suits as most of the time it has no load in the rear. The mediums work as well as the stock for around town, and are no harsher, which was a concern.
    Heavy rears go to +400kg and I believe would be quite harsh without any load in the rear, so I stayed away from them.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    A lot of the Brissie guys used a guy called Zordo's Suspension.
    +1 for Zordo. Done two friends vehicles, he is a top bloke!