Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Coast guard is awesome

The Coast guard is awesome

Just a big thanks to the coast guard for towing me in through the seaway today. Myself and wife and kids are very grateful that such a service exists cheers
    Ps stupid garmin crap gauges
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: The Coast guard is awesome

ahhh sounds like you depended on some " electronics ". ??

It does pay to belong to the Coast Guard / VMR.

These people are all volunteers and depend a lot on public support from either buying raffle tickets or Associate membership.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Just a big thanks to the coast guard for towing me in through the seaway today. Myself and wife and kids are very grateful that such a service exists cheers
    Ps stupid garmin crap gauges
    Run out of fuel? I always put 10 litres less than what i fill up when telling the Garmin how much I filled up and carry 20ltts in jerry just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    ahhh sounds like you depended on some " electronics ". ??

It does pay to belong to the Coast Guard / VMR.

These people are all volunteers and depend a lot on public support from either buying raffle tickets or Associate membership.

LP
    That's why I spent the money to rely on them
    I have a underfloor tank they told me it's like a car how else am I to find out as it said 69liters I am religious about fuel never let anything under a quarter of a tank .
    as it was I put 31 liters in this morning to make it up to (so called 100l) I was only going to the 24s

Scotty
    did u not fill the girl up ,I would of thought 200 litres would be enough mate for a days fishing
    Cheers Drew

I no still_dreamin I used to always carry extra but being brand new I though it might be able to keep track of my fuel since I'm putting it in just another rediculas outing in a very costly boat . I hope all the bad luck has gone now

Quote Originally Posted by dluxv6 View Post
    Scotty
    did u not fill the girl up ,I would of thought 200 litres would be enough mate for a days fishing
    Cheers Drew
    Hi mate how are you and the family all good I hope .stupid gauges very embarrassing

Hi,

Just out of interest what motor are you running that would even use 30 litres to get to the 24's. Must be old school and pretty big/thirsty? Have you refilled the tank and confirmed 100 litres went in?

Quote Originally Posted by paullee View Post
    Hi,

Just out of interest what motor are you running that would even use 30 litres to get to the 24's. Must be old school and pretty big/thirsty? Have you refilled the tank and confirmed 100 litres went in?
    2014 175 Suzuki 35hours. At the servo in the morning my gauges said I had 73l on board so I put 27l in to make 100 in total when I ran out it said I had 68l so I got home put 10l started straight away Tank was empty

Whats the boat and how big a tank does it have Jsmfun?
    What could go wrong.......................

I don't trust gauges I trust me. I fill up before every outing and I take notice what the gauge reads before and after I fill up. This way you can work out how far out your gauges are (different reading underway and at rest with my boat). Marine rescue /Coast guard services everywhere do a great job always reassuring to know someone has your back covered. KP

Quote Originally Posted by Knotpretty View Post
    I don't trust gauges I trust me. I fill up before every outing and I take notice what the gauge reads before and after I fill up. This way you can work out how far out your gauges are (different reading underway and at rest with my boat). Marine rescue /Coast guard services everywhere do a great job always reassuring to know someone has your back covered. KP
    I think OP has digital gauges, they only calculate your fuel consumed, and you have to enter how much you fill it up in Litres.

Hi Scotty
    I am confused
    you say 100 l tank in your posts, I thought your boat had 210 ltr tank as standard

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Whats the boat and how big a tank does it have Jsmfun?
    210 liters did not think I should put 210l in just to go to the 24's thought 100l should cover it

Quote Originally Posted by madmanjim View Post
    I think OP has digital gauges, they only calculate your fuel consumed, and you have to enter how much you fill it up in Litres.
    Correct and I input how much fuel I put in at the servo straight away