Thread: Deep Droping for ooglies

Deep Droping for ooglies

Hi
    I'm just getting ready for my first deep drop off Brisbane or Gold Coast.
    i have a alvey reef master ready to go and all tackle that I think is required. I have been doing a fear bit of research on the net and managed to scrape up a few general areas like jims mountain but I can't seem to find it on my navionics chart or my garmin 750.
    So I guess my big question is how accurate are these maps with contour lines? Or have I been given the wrong marks?
    i have also have another general area south east of cape Morton I would like to try but that is only because my navionics map shows the contour lines go from 250m to 500m in a short distance of about 400m. I really just want to get into these ooglies without just taking a random drop.
    so does anybody have any GPS marks of some general areas out off cape Morton to the Gold Coast I could try?? I'm not after your secret spot just a general area would be much appreciated. PM me

cheers

Re: Deep Droping for ooglies

Just bumping it up
    cheers

Just another bump

Mate we just went east of the SP bar in 230-265mtrs and found bar cod every trip. I think we have done 4 trips for 23 bar cod plus various other smaller speicies.

It aint rocket science just get out there and give it a crack.

good luck

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Get a bathymetric chart as it will have detailed bottom contour info for what you want to do. That is if navionics have one of these. I know C-map do as I have one and it is good for trolling over changes in bottom. Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF